• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    As a Colts fan, do you hope that AD Mitchell reaches Justin Jefferson level as a receiver and the team will just have to deal with a massive contract? Or is that contract just too big and you don’t want any Colts receiver at that level?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As a Colts fan, do you hope that AD Mitchell reaches Justin Jefferson level as a receiver and the team will just have to deal with a massive contract? Or is that contract just too big and you don’t want any Colts receiver at that level?

I believe that college football will continue to produce top level receivers at a good clip and prices will level out, though not at quite as low as running backs. That said it will be interesting to see how these massive contracts work out.

Would Chase be Chase we know without Burrow? Will Jefferson be as good without Cousins? How good would Hill be if he played with Brisset and Foles his whole career?

Receivers are important but they cannot win games by themselves, so no, I don’t sacrifice the team to overpay a receiver…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Are we ready for NFL to adopt more technology?

I have no doubt that they could program some AI to track every single player in real time, but the games would be completely unwatchable.
    There would be 5 flags on every play.

As much as everybody, including me, complains about the refs, the human element is just part of the game. And it should be. QB’s make mistakes. Receivers make mistakes. Safeties make mistakes. Refs make mistakes. I don’t want to watch a league of robots playing other robots.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’d be curious to see what Ballard offered. He also said during the draft he tried to make a big trade up. Chris feeling the heat? Getting some pressure to win the division and make a playoff run?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Good article on AR

Good read.

Only one quibble.

Other than the run against Houston where he let up for half a millisecond and took a cheap shot, I honestly haven’t seen any examples of what Richardson could’ve done any differently to avoid injuries. He does not play recklessly. He does not run recklessly. He avoids sacks better than anybody. Many other quarterbacks, including ones drafted the same year he was, are way more wild and aggressive when outside the pocket.

The tackle that took him out for the season was a routine tackle. He wasn’t fighting for extra yards or diving for the endzone. He just got very very unlucky.

Top Bottom