Not open for further replies.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Yep. Bounced back after the rough start and put together a nice long drive with some good throws. Not mad about that at all.

The coaches will get his technique cleaned up over time to get rid of those balls that sail.
    All of his high throws came off him making a 2nd read. First reads we’re all on target from what I saw. Also have to keep in mind he was throwing directly into a massive headwind. That won’t help a rookie QB. I didn’t like the way he landed on that scramble to the GL that was called back by holding. Kids gonna need to learn to go down or he will get hurt even w his size.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Gotta remember too, our offense was playing without their best player.

I’m generally of the opinion that running backs are interchangeable, but there are a few exceptions. Taylor is one of those exceptions.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Gotta remember too, our offense was playing without their best player.

I’m generally of the opinion that running backs are interchangeable, but there are a few exceptions. Taylor is one of those exceptions.
    I thought both Jackson and Hull looked just fine yesterday. JT certainly brings the home-run capability that both probably lack; but they had good vision, hit their holes well, and got positive yards. I think it was Hull who missed the blitz pickup on the INT, but that's not exactly JT's strong suit, either.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So the RB market is getting clearer. JT needs to pay attention or he may not be playing anywhere. Teams are just not forking over the cash to RB’s like they used to. Jacob’s is playing a similar game with the Raiders and better watch it or he could lose millions trying to get a few more.

“The market has dramatically changed for accomplished running backs. That should be enough to get Josh Jacobs to accomplish the acceptance of his franchise tender.”

“He currently can have $10.1 million for 2023 simply by telling the Raiders, “I’ll take it.” With Ezekiel Elliott signing a one-year deal with the Patriots worth up to $6 million and with Dalvin Cook taking a $7 million base on a one-year deal with the Jets (including up to $1.6 million in incentives), Jacobs should realize he’s not going to do any better than what the Raiders are offering.”

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I just finished up with Season 4 of QB1 on streaming channel Tubi. I'd never seen it before, but the show follows high school QBs that are highly ranked through their senior seasons. Season 4 includes Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young, and Duece Hogan. I think the show had been dropped by it's original network, than bought by Tubi, and released recently for obvious reasons after the NFL draft.

As a Colt fan, I really enjoyed getting to see 17 year-old Anthony Richardson, on the practice field, and in his personal life. I won't post any spoilers, but it was quite the contrast between the high school environments of Young and Hogan, both at big football powerhouse schools, and Richardson and his small South Florida school.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom