Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah Madden rating is a whole thing nowadays. It’s a score out of 100 based off of size, skill, etc.

Most guys think their rating is too low and they use it as another chip on their shoulder. Especially Leonard. He’ll use anything as bulletin board material.
    No wonder people think these guys are just kids getting payed millions to play a game. :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :fogey:

Careful. You’re sounding very “get off my lawn”.
    Oh, I am SO "get off my lawn"! :lmfao:

iu

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah Madden rating is a whole thing nowadays. It’s a score out of 100 based off of size, skill, etc.

Most guys think their rating is too low and they use it as another chip on their shoulder. Especially Leonard. He’ll use anything as bulletin board material.
    I don't care about his ratings or chips on his shoulder, unless and until he gets back on the field. As it is today, any such ratings, any such chips on his shoulder, are moot.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I don't care about his ratings or chips on his shoulder, unless and until he gets back on the field. As it is today, any such ratings, any such chips on his shoulder, are moot.

That’s totally fair.

It’s hard to be too upset with him. No, he hasn’t really lived up to his contract, but it’s been injuries not performance. When he’s out there, he just finds the ball. It’s like voodoo or something. Unreal talent. It’s not like he was a combine star either. Just pure instinct.

Now Quentin Nelson got payed and he hasn’t really been ELITE since his rookie contract. That’s more frustrating to me.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That’s totally fair.

It’s hard to be too upset with him. No, he hasn’t really lived up to his contract, but it’s been injuries not performance. When he’s out there, he just finds the ball. It’s like voodoo or something. Unreal talent. It’s not like he was a combine star either. Just pure instinct.

Now Quentin Nelson got payed and he hasn’t really been ELITE since his rookie contract. That’s more frustrating to me.
    I'll give Q a bit of a pass on last season. He was forced to compensate for some really bad line play (Pryor) as well as a rookie LT next to him (Raimann). I still don't think he played up to his ability, even accounting for those. But I expect the line play, and his in particular, to return to form this season.

Leonard is veering dangerously close to Bob Sanders territory: insanely talented and obvious difference-maker, but injury prone due to style of play.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Leonard is veering dangerously close to Bob Sanders territory: insanely talented and obvious difference-maker, but injury prone due to style of play.

I’m not actually convinced it’s style of play. He’s not a bruiser like Sanders. Just genetics I guess.

I would say he’s pretty average as an actual linebacker. But the turnovers are absolutely a game changer.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom