• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    So Peyton wasn't that good, Purdy isn't either. Now do Brady. We'll wait. :lmfao:

Peyton was amazing. The absolute peak of the pocket passer quarterback.

And he spent 90% his career losing in the playoffs.

Thinking that pocket passers are the only way to have success in the NFL is just stubbornness really.

But people are entitled to their own opinions.

“You have a right to be wrong” as my Dad always said.

:ingo:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Reading and adjusting to a defense rapidly on the fly is paramount for a qb. Peyton could never run. He could however read, anticipate, adjust and complete a play very, very well. He might be an exceptional exception, but his mental skill exceeded his physical skill. Tammy Brady anybody.... Not a runner and could still play if he were younger.
    Manning was pretty impressive (other than the interceptions) before his arm turned to rubber. Thereafter, at the worst possible time, he'd throw his infamous waffle ball.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Peyton was amazing. The absolute peak of the pocket passer quarterback.

And he spent 90% his career losing in the playoffs.

Thinking that pocket passers are the only way to have success in the NFL is just stubbornness really.

But people are entitled to their own opinions.

“You have a right to be wrong” as my Dad always said.

:ingo:
    I wouldn't put all the playoff loses on Manning. There's the rest of the team. There were a lot of playoff years when the Colt's problem was not on offense.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Colts owner Jim Irsay was reportedly found unresponsive in bed after police were dispatched to his house in December.“

“TMZ reports that Carmel Police Department records show that officers responded to a call early on December 8 and found Irsay struggling to breathe with a weak pulse. The records say Irsay had been found on the floor of his bathroom and moved to the bed, which is where officers tried to revive him with a sternum rub and a dose of Narcan. The drug, which is often used to combat opiate overdoses, had some effect and paramedics arrived on the scene to take over treatment.“

“The police records call the incident an “overdose” and “overdose/poisoning” with the note that officers do not what medications or other substances Irsay may have ingested.“

“A recent statement from the team said that Irsay is being treated for a “severe respiratory illness” and it’s unclear if there’s any connection between that illness and the December incident.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    There exist the possibility that Irsay's "poinsoning" was accidental. Sadly, his past makes it seem unlikely that it was anything other than a dope head ****ing up. The most shocking part for me was finding out that he's only 64 years old. He looks ancient, but maybe that's my bias.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Here’s the TMZ Sports report. I agree with those who say he has a seemingly good heart, does a lot for the community, and hope he gets the help he needs.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Here’s the TMZ Sports report. I agree with those who say he has a seemingly good heart, does a lot for the community, and hope he gets the help he needs.

Sadly I’m hearing he will not come home from the hospital. Pray they are wrong…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is puzzling? Why nothing on the street? Not even rumor or speculation?

“McVay mentioned back in October that Bennett was “doing well,” but again, didn’t go into much detail about his status or leave of absence.“

“Bennet was honored during halftime of Georgia’s win over Ole Miss on November 11, but since then it’s been silent on the update front
    .”

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    This is puzzling? Why nothing on the street? Not even rumor or speculation?

“McVay mentioned back in October that Bennett was “doing well,” but again, didn’t go into much detail about his status or leave of absence.“

“Bennet was honored during halftime of Georgia’s win over Ole Miss on November 11, but since then it’s been silent on the update front
    .”

I remember some dudes on here saying they wanted him as their quarterback….

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    NFL teams sometimes hedge their commentary if the issue with a player falls in the "personal" category, like addiction, disease, mental, etc. From the outside that's kinda what this looks like, given the lack of reporting and coy response to questions about him. Who really knows? Hopefully the kid can get healthy, however that's defined, with or without football.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And Peyton won a grand total of 1 Super Bowl in his prime with the Colts in 13 years. Then he was dragged (drug?) to another SB with a historically good defense.

The 49ers are STACKED with all pros at every level on offense and defense. Put Purdy on a mediocre team and see how he does. The one game he didn’t have Debo Samuel, he threw 4 INT’s and was benched for Sam Darnold.
    Peyton had the best offense in the nfl for how many seasons? And in his short time in Denver went to 2 super bowls, winning 1. How many league mvp’s does he have? Take the most dominant team in the nfl out of the equation and how many rings does he have? Once he was put on a team that had a defense he went to super bowls 2 of his 4 seasons with them, 1 of which he won. And claim the defense drug him to it all you want, his leadership and preparation got them there. If he had nothing to do with it they wouldnt have went to a losing record the very next season when he left.

Tom Brady, the goat, was the best pocket passer in history, and probably will be for generations to come. Their preparation and work ethic far beats anyone ability to run the ball, as indicated by 9 combined rings.

I do agree with JCSR, I see over and over again when someone posts anything in this thread thats in disagreement with the norm they are ridiculed for it. “How old are you”? Seriously? :rolleyes: You know when you wrote it that was intended to be antagonistic.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Peyton had the best offense in the nfl for how many seasons? And in his short time in Denver went to 2 super bowls, winning 1. How many league mvp’s does he have? Take the most dominant team in the nfl out of the equation and how many rings does he have? Once he was put on a team that had a defense he went to super bowls 2 of his 4 seasons with them, 1 of which he won. And claim the defense drug him to it all you want, his leadership and preparation got them there. If he had nothing to do with it they wouldnt have went to a losing record the very next season when he left.

Tom Brady, the goat, was the best pocket passer in history, and probably will be for generations to come. Their preparation and work ethic far beats anyone ability to run the ball, as indicated by 9 combined rings.

I do agree with JCSR, I see over and over again when someone posts anything in this thread thats in disagreement with the norm they are ridiculed for it. “How old are you”? Seriously? :rolleyes: You know when you wrote it that was intended to be antagonistic.

It’s fine to disagree. People are wrong all the time. It really doesn’t bother me at all. Not sure why it bothers others so much. If some people don’t have thick enough skin to have their opinions challenged then maybe the internet’s not for you.

The past 5 NFL MVP’s
    Patrick Mahomes
    Aaron Rodgers
    Aaron Rodgers
    Patrick Mahomes
    Lamar Jackson

And Lamar will probably win it again this year.

All of those guys are dominant because of the plays they make off script and outside the pocket. It’s not 2003 anymore. You have to have a quarterback that can move and move really well.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom