North Central

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Now the question I have is where does Saturday fall in all this? He's tight with Irsay so I would expect him to say around.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I think that could be a strange dynamic to have Saturday as OL coach with him being so tight with Irsay…
    If I were head coach I wouldn't risk my OL coach reporting back to the owner. If it was true Saturday was placed to report inside info this puts him in a bad spot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I sincerely hope this was the correct choice/gamble for the Colts.
    I was gonna say it a little differently. I hope the gamble pays off. It's always a gamble anyway but some are even money and some are long shots. I don't know enough about this guy to say how long, but there are some coaches that are closer to even money. Probably Sean Payton fits into that category. But Payton is probably not a good fit in Indy anyway. He's not gonna get the control he wants.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now the question I have is where does Saturday fall in all this? He's tight with Irsay so I would expect him to say around.

That's a good question. I think the answer is that he really doesn't. That's not a knock on Saturday but just not seeing a place where he really fits. I would hope that it should be Steichen's call. If it's Irsay's call, is Steichen hired as a yes man?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I would think the young coach will want a young QB to build with not a retread. That said, not sure Young has the size to run a Steichen offense. I also think a new young QB will bring in more money, everyone wants to be there when the next young QB takes off.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Another coach from the 2020 Colts staff gets a head coaching job

Sirianni
    Reich
    Gannon
    Eberflus

And it is official…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I would think the young coach will want a young QB to build with not a retread. That said, not sure Young has the size to run a Steichen offense. I also think a new young QB will bring in more money, everyone wants to be there when the next young QB takes off.

Steichen has worked with Philip Rivers (quick rhythm genius), Justin Herbert (howitzer arm), and Jalen Hurts (athletic).

I agree with you on Bryce Young. Kyler Murray is small but he’s way stockier and more athletic than Young.

I honestly think Steichen could get the best out of any of the other top QB’s.

Levis and Richardson would be the more athletic options.

Stroud and Young would be the more traditional pocket-passer type.

Hard not to think he’ll go for a more athletic quarterback given the success he had with Jalen Hurts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom