• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As for tomorrows game, the Colts should scheme to allow their first kickoff to be returned by Texans for a TD and never try to score. BUT, Saturday probably wants a win on his resume and will win it…

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not sure "let" will be necessary.
    Yeah, this game will come down to who sucks the least. Sadly, I'm betting it's the Texans. I know a Texans fan in Lafayette that is driving in for the game with free tickets hoping to see just that. Hopefully he doesn't go home disappointed (at least SOMEONE should go home happy today!)

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, this game will come down to who sucks the least. Sadly, I'm betting it's the Texans. I know a Texans fan in Lafayette that is driving in for the game with free tickets hoping to see just that. Hopefully he doesn't go home disappointed (at least SOMEONE should go home happy today!)
    Safe to assume you mean that someone should be happy in amused sort of way?
    Not sure fans of either team will truly be happy about winning today. If the Texans win, well it was against the Colts so not like that's hard. If the Colts win well, it's not like the Texans are that great. Might make for some good comedy if we keep our expectations low

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The lowest the could fall unless Ballard trades it away for another has been.
    I just really hope there have been lessons learned from the revolving door of mostly used up QB's the last couple years. Granted there may not be a franchise QB available, but I think they've gotta take one and roll the dice.
    May need to trade away some overpaid and under producing offensive linemen too
    Just my opinion

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The lowest the could fall unless Ballard trades it away for another has been.
    I just really hope there have been lessons learned from the revolving door of mostly used up QB's the last couple years. Granted there may not be a franchise QB available, but I think they've gotta take one and roll the dice.
    May need to trade away some overpaid and under producing offensive linemen too
    Just my opinion
    As much as I hate the idea (prepared to eat these words if it works out well) it seems like landing Derek Carr and picking a QB is my prediction for the Colts.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Also Predicting Brady to Viva Las Vegas. Two years with McDaniels, both trying to prove they do not need Belichick to win a SB. Brady will tutor Stidham for the future…

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    As much as I hate the idea (prepared to eat these words if it works out well) it seems like landing Derek Carr and picking a QB is my prediction for the Colts.
    FWIW, Jim Irsay said recently that they are going to look for a head coach that would be a good mentor for a young QB. That kind of implies that they are planning to draft one.

I also hope they will give him time to develop. It took Manning a while to adjust, we have seen how long it is taking Trevor Lawrence to develop. I think too many teams give up on young QB's before they have really had a chance.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    FWIW, Jim Irsay said recently that they are going to look for a head coach that would be a good mentor for a young QB. That kind of implies that they are planning to draft one.

I also hope they will give him time to develop. It took Manning a while to adjust, we have seen how long it is taking Trevor Lawrence to develop. I think too many teams give up on young QB's before they have really had a chance.
    Makes me wonder how much he maybe in talk with Jim Harbaugh

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

And the other yoke in that harness is giving up on coaches too soon as well. It takes time to develop a culture and acquire the players to run the coaches system. It really takes several years to get all that put together.

There have been exceptions like Minnesota but few that lasted beyond a flash in the pan…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom