Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was thinking how odd it was hearing our O-line being praised the way they were today. That sure hasn't always been the case! But the commentators mentioned how even though the defense knew we were going to run the ball, we were still able to run the ball, pretty much at will. Not just today either.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I have no expectations pro or con as to the playoffs. If we do make it we wont go far but to even make it this year would be special.

Actually saw somewhere one analytical website has the Colts at like a 75% chance to make the postseason. I checked around a couple places and we pretty consistently have around the 6th best odds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Actually saw somewhere one analytical website has the Colts at like a 75% chance to make the postseason. I checked around a couple places and we pretty consistently have around the 6th best odds.
    I would really like to see their efforts come to a positive in this roller coaster season but I am not setting myself up for another disappointment....:):

They seem to be coming into their own as they hang on by a thread. As usual.....:):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ok so on to the Bucs. If the Colts can win that they can be well on their way to the wildcard round and the team on the field yesterday can win in the playoffs. The way I can see it playing out is if they beat the Bucs, they can lose to the Pats, my current pick to win the AFC bye, and the hot Cards, winners of the NFC bye, win the rest, and finish 9-8.

What do you think?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Ok so on to the Bucs. If the Colts can win that they can be well on their way to the wildcard round and the team on the field yesterday can win in the playoffs. The way I can see it playing out is if they beat the Bucs, they can lose to the Pats, my current pick to win the AFC bye, and the hot Cards, winners of the NFC bye, win the rest, and finish 9-8.

What do you think?

I don’t think 9-8 gets us a spot. Gotta find a way to get to 10-7 with as many AFC wins as possible.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Peter King thinks the Colts-Pats game gets moved to Saturday prime time.

“I think one of those games, against Carolina, is part of an intriguing decision the NFL has to make, and will make as soon as today. The NFL has a doubleheader on NFL Network on Saturday, Dec. 18, with games at 4:30 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. The league has chosen five games to be in limbo that weekend, with two moved to that Saturday slot and three played on Sunday. I’d guess it’s unlikely that Jets-Miami and WFT-Philadelphia will be part of the standalone Saturday twinbill. The other three games, I’d guess, are the best candidates: New England-Indianapolis (the favorite), Las Vegas-Cleveland and Carolina-Buffalo. I’d guess the revived Patriots in primetime is an offer the NFL can’t refuse. Stay tuned for that call.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don’t think 9-8 gets us a spot. Gotta find a way to get to 10-7 with as many AFC wins as possible.

So the Ravens, Pats, Titans, and Chiefs are division winners.

Leaving the Colts to compete with the Bengals, Chargers, Bills, Steelers, Browns for three spots.

The Bengals schedule seems daunting with most games against other AFC teams in or fighting for the playoffs. Chiefs, and Ravens, then Steelers, Browns, Chargers, and 49’ers.

The Chargers seem to have a pretty easy schedule here on out.

The Bills have similarly tough schedule to the Colts. They play the Pats twice, Saints, and Bucs.

The reeling Steelers have a tough road including the Ravens twice, Chiefs, and Titans.

The browns have back to back Ravens games, Packers, and other teams fighting for the wildcard spots.

A silver lining for the Colts is every team but the Chargers has a tough schedule and the AFC north seems set to beat each other up pretty bad, it is good we are not in that fray.

I believe a team 9-8 will get in as a wild card, now whether it is the Colts is another question…

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom