• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Patriots, who have now won five games in a row, find themselves at 7-4. They still have a long way to nail down a playoff berth in the AFC.

Currently, 12 of the conference’s 16 teams have records at or above .500. Only the Dolphins (3-7), the Jets (2-7), the Jaguars (2-7), and the Texans (1-8) have losing records.

Fortunes can change quickly. The Bengals were 5-2; they’re now 5-4. The Raiders were 5-2, too. They’re also 5-4.

The Patriots have a pair of difficult games coming up, at home against the 8-2 Titans and on the road for a Monday night game against the 6-3 Bills. Lose both, and New England falls to 7-6 and deeper into the game of musical chairs that will eventually have not enough seats for at least five teams that have made it to 5-5 or better through 10 weeks of action.

Win both of the next two, and the Patriots become a potential favorite to secure the No. 1 seed.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    General question but specifically to CP as well; is tomorrows Bills game the Colts first playoff game?

Technically no but philosophically it really fees like yes. A loss doesn’t eliminate them from the playoffs but at some point they have to start beating some top tier teams. Really feels they have to at least go 1-1 the next two weeks and you’d rather lose next week to the Bucs who are in the NFC. We still have to face the Bills, Bucs, Cards, Pats, and Raiders before the end of the season. Those losses to the Ravens and the Titans have really put us in a tough position.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For some reason, I had a better feeling going into that game (which we coulda/shoulda won) than going into this one. Hope I’m wrong!
    It just all depends on which Colts team shows up I think. Any given Sunday and all that! I'm just happy to be able to watch again (I don't do night games. :): ).

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I honestly have no idea what Colts team is going to show up today. This team is such a mystery. Feels like it’s going to come down to the last possession or two. We play everybody close, good teams and bad teams. Obviously hope we win but I’m not feeling very optimistic. Josh Allen is as good with his legs as he is with his arms.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So what other games matter to Colts fans? I believe the Titans so far out that it is not even relevant to the Colts. The Pats already won Thursday so that is a mute point.

The Lions beating the Browns would be good as they are another 500 is team.

Bears beat the Ravens would be good as they have LJ out as well as a couple of other good players. So possible.

Then we have Bengals vs Raiders and Steelers vs Charger, not sure how to make them all lose.

But first and foremost the Colts must beat the Bills to even be in the conversation any longer…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom