• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think when we had the cancer coach we should have let chuck recover Without coaching again. Bruce Arians was interim head coach. Letting him go for a feel good story was not the best outcome. We could have had very good coaching since 2012 almost 9 years.

Arians offense is different for sure than what we have now. Could have been good could have been bad. Maybe Luck could have survived (I don’t know Bruce loves the deep shot which takes time to throw).

I will say one thing about a Bruce coached team. The game is interesting to watch.

It is a tough cruel business that in that instance, Irsay was too emotionally invested to pull it off…

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think that is caused by the media hyping players, that have not actually accomplished that much, but you would think they were Manning or Brady from the fawning coverage. Seeing the media proven wrong is what is so satisfying…
    Yeah thats probably correct. He and a few other young men of high athletic ability's have stormed onto the field and caused some mayhem but "D" coordinators across the league usually put a stop to such shenanigan's from these young men.
    I will say he has gotten better at actually throwing the football.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah thats probably correct. He and a few other young men of high athletic ability's have stormed onto the field and caused some mayhem but "D" coordinators across the league usually put a stop to such shenanigan's from these young men.
    I will say he has gotten better at actually throwing the football.

A really sharp intelligent pocket passer will beat out an athletic freak over the long haul every time. Brees. Manning. Brady. None of them are athletic specimens, but they’re genius level quick at dissecting a defense at the line of scrimmage. That’s the difference. Quickly processing whatever the defense gives you. Get the ball into the hands of the true freak athletes (RBs and WRs).

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Where I live now, near Gettysburg, we get the Baltimore station that carries the Ravens games. They have won 3 different games that took an absolute miracle for them to come back, it had to start catching up to them eventually.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A really sharp intelligent pocket passer will beat out an athletic freak over the long haul every time. Brees. Manning. Brady. None of them are athletic specimens, but they’re genius level quick at dissecting a defense at the line of scrimmage. That’s the difference. Quickly processing whatever the defense gives you. Get the ball into the hands of the true freak athletes (RBs and WRs).
    Precisely. No knock on that young man but it is obvious he is mostly Braun.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    When it comes to q backs like cam newton and Lamar they open up a whole new offense that the NFL is not used to. Add derick Henry here also since he had a passing touchdown this year.

They can keep the clock running and the defense fresh and sitting on the bench. When they are on sure the score is lower but the more they run and run the more the secondary opens up and pop a nice pass.

I think lately what we are seeing is the defense minds getting a good idea of how to overcome the opponents strength. Look at the bills last few games a cover 2 blanket defense has almost stopped them because they don’t really run much. I bet you see devin Singletary run a bunch of plays this weekend.the Rams offfense has been slowed and stafford pulled a wentz.
    Defense figures things out over the season.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I saw a stat that since week 4, around the time that Wentz’s feet and ankles healed up, the Colts have been basically a top 2 or 3 offense and he’s been a top 5 QB. If we could clean up our pass defense and/or get any kind of consistent pass rush, this team could be dangerous.

Am I confident that’ll happen? Eh. We’ll see. Can’t let Jax have any hope late in the game. Keep Lawrence uncomfortable. Get back to .500 and then prove you’re not a pretender against Buffalo and Tampa.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SherylinAvon scored half-priced tickets in section 236 (family emergency drove the offer from the original buyer.) Hope this ain't the J-ville team that showed up on the Bills last week.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    SherylinAvon scored half-priced tickets in section 236 (family emergency drove the offer from the original buyer.) Hope this ain't the J-ville team that showed up on the Bills last week.
    Headed down right now to meet up with my Morgan Stanley guy. His seats are in the end zone by the tunnel.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Only 11 teams of the 16 AFC teams have a better record than the Colts…

Does being a troll bring you some kind of personal satisfaction? Genuinely curious. Do you just wake up in the morning, sip your coffee, and think, “Aaaah, it’s a good day to be annoying on the internet.” The mods already had to give you a slap on the wrist for your behavior in other threads. I just don’t get it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Does being a troll bring you some kind of personal satisfaction? Genuinely curious. Do you just wake up in the morning, sip your coffee, and think, “Aaaah, it’s a good day to be annoying on the internet.” The mods already had to give you a slap on the wrist for your behavior in other threads. I just don’t get it.

You could’ve just as easily said something like “That’s pretty impressive, but their record shows that as a team they’re just not in the elite club yet despite Carson’s good play”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Sorry, I don’t mean to offend you. I am a huge football fan, and a realist. If I said the stats of Wentz in my barber shop, (a place full of football fans, guys that know way more than I.) They would tell me the Colts and Wentz are what their record show.

Is this thread just for homers or for football fans to realistically discuss the games and situation. I respect your always positivity for the Colts but there is reality to discuss too. My prediction post is spot on with just two games reversed thus far and the Dolphins game incorrect due to QB loss.

If this is indeed just a thread for homers I will bow out and make my own football thread where guys who root for any team are welcome and reality is discussed. I am in no way trying to troll you, just posting reality. Just let me know and I will be gone never to post here again.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom