Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So in Indy they are showing the Chiefs with nearly a 30 point lead in the third while LV and Denver are close. They then decided to flip our area to LV-Denver in time to watch the kneel downs. WTF? Why after it was over did they shift us?
    Because you live north of here. We're down in God's Country. :p And KC is now up by 33.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So in Indy they are showing the Chiefs with nearly a 30 point lead in the third while LV and Denver are close. They then decided to flip our area to LV-Denver in time to watch the kneel downs. WTF? Why after it was over did they shift us?
    Hey man it’s typical mismanaged Bravo Sierra. I caught the same deal. People were dropping off the Steelers game I am sure. Now we are back. I am waiting for Yellowstone to come in. DVR is set so half hour in I will go there and be able to blow through the commercials.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You did not shift? I am on channel 29 in my FR but watch channel 4 upstairs. Never noticed programing differences.
    I don't know if we shifted or not honestly. I didn't have the game on until I came in here and saw you guys talking about it. :): It's on the KC/Pitt game now though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, Rudolph has some spunk!

iu

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Games that impact the Colts this week:

49ers vs Titans - We already know how that turned out. No bueno.

Ravens vs Bengals - Both 8-6 but a Bengals win helps us more.

Bills vs Patriots - Hold your nose and root for the Patriots.

Chargers vs Texans - Would take a miracle for the Texans to win, but tis the season!

Steelers vs Chiefs - Go Chiefs.

Broncos vs Raiders- Both 7-7 but a Broncos win helps us more.

Packers vs Browns - Go Pack Go

Recap…

Titans win
    Bengals win
    Bills win
    Texans win (!!!)
    Chiefs win
    Raiders win
    Packers win

All in all a good weekend for the Colts, other than the stinkin Titans winning.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Five more players go on the Covid list:

S Jahleel Addae
    CB T.J. Carrie
    LB Malik Jefferson
    RB Marlon Mack
    T Braden Smith

Colts could be without their entire starting offensive line for Sunday’s game against the Raiders. At this point, we just need Carson to go ahead and test positive. Get it out of the way before the playoffs.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Peter King had some interesting things to say concerning the Colts…

NFL 2021, in Omicronland:

Last Friday, a robotic NFL Films camera in the Indianapolis Colts quarterback room caught the unvarnished real of this NFL season. NFL Films for the first time is doing an in-season “Hard Knocks” show on HBO every Wednesday night, and this debut series is with the Colts. Last Friday, a few hours before the team’s charter left for the Saturday game at Arizona, offensive coordinator Marcus Brady got some unsettling news about one of the most important players on the team and relayed the information to head coach Frank Reich.

Brady: “It is a Covid thing, Frank.”
    Reich: “Excuse me?”
    Brady: “It is Covid.”
    Reich: “Is it? What is it?”
    Brady: “Q.”
    Reich: “Who?”
    Brady: “Q.”
    Reich: “Who?!”
    Brady: “Q. Quenton.” [All-pro guard Quenton Nelson.]
    Reich: (Long pause) “Okay. (Pause.) We’re good.”
    Minutes later…
    Reich: “Moments like this … I’m not happy about Q testing positive, but I love overcoming those things.”

Full video here, exclusively:

The Colts, in a dogfight for the playoffs, flew to Phoenix around 4 p.m. Friday, busing to the team hotel, the posh Phoenician resort, for an odd football Christmas Eve.

On Christmas morning, three players tested positive for Covid-19. One was the best defensive player on the team, linebacker Darius Leonard, and the other two were starters: safety Khari Willis and receiver Zach Pascal. Leonard, Willis and Pascal were isolated from the team when the results were known by mid-day. They were dispatched back to Indianapolis on owner Jim Irsay’s private plane before the game. Merry Christmas. You’ve got to play the 10-4 Cardinals with most of your boldface names in quarantine or hurt … and that was only about half the drama.

This wasn’t the most dramatic NFL weekend, but it had its moments. The Colts turned out to be a fortuitous pick by NFL Films and HBO for lots of the action in Week 16.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    More:

Back to the Colts, and that insightful video scene from NFL Films. Imagine the angst inside the Colts when told three starters were out before an important game with major playoff implications. Even more, by midway through the second quarter against Arizona on Saturday night, four of Indy’s five starting offensive linemen and excellent blocking tight end Jack Doyle were all out with injuries, Covid or personal reasons. And the Colts still outscored the Cardinals 15-10 over the last 35 minutes in a game that, on the surface, the Colts had no business winning. Against a desperate Arizona team that had lost two in a row, Indy triumphed 22-16.

Darius Leonard was replaced by E.J. Speed, making his first career start. Speed led the Colts in tackles with nine.

Safety Khari Willis was replaced by Jahleel Addae, while Andrew Sendejo, out with a concussion, was replaced by George Odum, starting his eighth game in four years. In the fourth quarter, with the Colts nursing a 15-13 lead, Odum tipped a deep ball from the grasp of Cards receiver Christian Kirk, saving a big gain. Odum was second on the Colts with eight tackles.

Receiver Zach Pascal was replaced by several players. One of them, T.Y. Hilton, scored the first touchdown of the game for the Colts. Another, Dezmon Patmon, scored the eventual game-winning TD, the first scoring pass of his NFL career, on a great throw from quarterback Carson Wentz.

Talking to his team in the locker room post-game, coach Frank Reich said, “We got a roster full of winning football players.” Depth won Saturday night for the Colts. Depth will determine a lot as this suddenly strange season lurches toward a conclusion. That’s a big reason why Coach Reich gave a game ball Saturday night to GM Chris Ballard. “When you have a day like this, and you need everyone on the roster, you thank the man who put it together,” Reich said.

The postscript: “Hard Knocks” (Wednesday, 10 p.m. ET on HBO, or streaming on HBO Max) got either very lucky or very smart. Maybe it was a bit of both. Ballard and Reich don’t mind opening their world to the outside. Ballard has done it consistently with an excellent video department, figuring it’s not going to give away trade secrets, and figuring he wants the Indy fans to see for themselves the kinds of people the franchise has and the way the franchise works. He’s not scared of holding up a mirror (albeit a mirror that has some editing control) to the way the Colts work and operate. We’re the beneficiaries. In a week like this, we see how an NFL team handled and overcame the Omicron variant that’s sweeping the country.

I don’t look for rose-colored lessons. I look for how people like Reich, who I’d call an honest and optimistic realist, handle the things that chop some people down. And in this show, I like what I see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom