• ...and so much more!
  • farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    pics

here are some pics and I adjusted the bolt speed for lower vol. ammo,installed scope and bypod.ran 120 rounds sunday no prob.
    my only complaint now is the trigger must be 9lb pull and wont run remington ammo that I have a lot of but cci and winchester work fine
    the problem with ammo is you need bullets that are smooth on the sides
    and remington has a sharper side hard to explane but most round nose plinker ammo is fine.I shot 2in groups on bypod at 50yards but would shoot 1in groups off bags of it fit mag to long and trigger to stiff.all that said I am happy and the gun after some adjustment will do what I expected it to do.fun plinker not tac driver.I can hit 2in steel target 29 out of 30.that make for a fun plinker.

rawb5w.jpg

syrqrs.jpg

50fzwp.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Guy had one of these at the range Sunday and I got to shoot it a bit. I have to say I really liked the weight and function, including the somewhat heavy trigger, and the overall feel. I shot a bunch of Federal bulk and also 10 rounds of PMC Moderator subsonic - no hiccups whatsoever. I can pick one up locally for $590 but just can't quite justify it to myself yet.

Yet...

Verminator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    venenoindy and snorko

Just so you know these rifles are not made by colt. Only has the colt logo on the side. That said they are probably still good rifles.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Verminator:

thank you for the heads up, they are made by Carl walther and imported by an other company. the way I look at is at $450.00 a case of .223 (1000rds) by the time you shoot that much in .22Lr almost paid itself and this rifle gives me the chance to train with the AR platform at much cheaper rate.:D

PS. how many mags should I pick up with my rifle?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Seriously, my offer stands. I'd really love to compare my .22lr Dedicated AR against this Colt wannabe. (Didn't know it wasn't Colt made) I'll even bring the ammo.

Pick an evening. I'll be there. I'd prefer someplace that someone owns so as to avoid range fees, unless you know where we can go shoot after 6pm during the week...

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I would say as an owner of one it is not my most acurate or funest shoting gun.but it is fun to shot and if I dont have any problems with it I will probly have it for some time.I think it is a good training rifle.I do have conserns about part because it is marketed by colt distributed and repaired by umarex and manufactred by walther.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Im willing to give rifle a chance, Is it the best?. I don't know but my questions to you is Chevy better than Ford, Honda better than Toyota?

I don't care about best. I care about the accuracy and if I can make it just like my real AR for training.

I built my 22 with the option of being able to transform it into a training version of the same rifle I would use IRL.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    venenoindy

I beleive the one I shot held the bolt open. I would definitely get three or four mags at least, though that is another $90 or so.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Simon6101 says that the Colt is imported by a airsoft company, FOR Walther and bought by Colt to sell.

I think that is what he said. It is imported, Walther is there somehow as well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom