• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, please know it was not directed at anyone. With all the madness sometimes reverting back to child like behavior softens the mood. No more. No less.
    I endure a lot of this in reverse. More than you realize I am sure but in the end it is all in good fun.

I have heard it all. I have some friends that run the gambit from Lawyers to those of questionable intentions. All men of color and I respect them all. Well, the one I recently had issue with maybe has to regain that but hey.

If you only knew.

That's fine, your comment was relatively innocuous, but then it devolved. Looking at the title, and the obvious subject attached to it - the treatment of people of color... and then, somehow it gets to the point where we're talking about fried chicken. Not much of a leap as to how we got here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Right, only racial overtones. So, you see racial overtones in those two comments? Because all of the rest of the detoured comments were playing off of them, just like most other threads on INGO tend to do at some point if they last long enough.

I'm over it. I won't comment on that part of this discussion any further. You and everyone are else are of course free to continue. I'm sure there's plenty of mileage to be had.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK....to clarify. I know a whole bunch of folks that buy those smokes for one reason and it is not to smoke them as bought. I really do not care if they do not do it around or implicate me. Their world....live it. They are for the most part folks of color.
    You can sit in the lot at the corner package store and folks will come out with a pack in hand. They build one before they roll out of the lot. Blunt lit and in lips. See it all the time.

The herbs and spices comment was so very true. Nothing racial about it. See, we are all damned if we do and damned if we don't.

That I am having to explain this sets the tone for what some of our real issues are.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's fine, your comment was relatively innocuous, but then it devolved. Looking at the title, and the obvious subject attached to it - the treatment of people of color... and then, somehow it gets to the point where we're talking about fried chicken. Not much of a leap as to how we got here.

OK.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Fried Chicken being racist I NEVER understood. I can't recall anybody (seriously), white-black-pink-polka dotted, that didn't LOVE great fried chicken. Vegans, etc., don't count, but I bet they'd love it too.

My late maternal grandmother fried her chicken in bacon grease & butter, crispy on the outside & juicy inside, I REALLY miss her cooking! My wife's fried chicken is close-ish, but it ain't Nanas!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fried Chicken being racist I NEVER understood. I can't recall anybody (seriously), white-black-pink-polka dotted, that didn't LOVE great fried chicken. Vegans, etc., don't count, but I bet they'd love it too.

My late maternal grandmother fried her chicken in bacon grease & butter, crispy on the outside & juicy inside, I REALLY miss her cooking! My wife's fried chicken is close-ish, but it ain't Nanas!

Lard. Great Gramma and Gramma used lard. Iron skillet hot as Hades. I tear up some fried chicken. And fried drop biscuits.........:drool:
    My spouses fried chicken is delicious but it aint old school.
    I never understood the racial reference here either.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Dude! Herbs and spices? Remember, that was one of the colonel's tag lines--11 secret herbs and spices, or something like that. That's where the turn to fried chicken took place...at least in my view.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Guys, guys, guys. It's Friday. We all just need to relax an enjoy the weekend. Let's change the subject.

Hey, I've got an idea that no one could possibly take the wrong way. Everyone, name your favorite melon.
    I'll go first: Honeydew.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Guys, guys, guys. It's Friday. We all just need to relax an enjoy the weekend. Let's change the subject.

Hey, I've got an idea that no one could possibly take the wrong way. Everyone, name your favorite melon.
    Never was a big melon eater. Maybe a slice muskmelon if someone offers. I like berries though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Classy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom