BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    oath
    noun
    a solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behavior.

Still not seeing the 'oath' in Trump's petition

So by current definition, this is an oath?

https://www.change.org/p/stand-strong-against-racism

Join The Southern Poverty Law Center and the thousands of others across the country who are standing strong against the hate, racism and intolerance infecting our communities, schools and political debate by adding yourself to their map.

Thank you for standing strong against hate.
    This petition was delivered to:
    U.S. House of Representatives
    U.S. Senate
    President of the United States

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Still not seeing the 'oath' in Trump's petition

So by current definition, this is an oath?

https://www.change.org/p/stand-strong-against-racism

I'm with BugI on this one... standing for the national anthem is a sign of RESPECT, not an oath or a pledge of allegiance like the pledge is... for example, at NHL hockey game, I stand in respect to the CANADIAN flag, but in doing so, pledge absolutely nothing to our neighbors to the north.

Sitting and drinking my beer during O Canada would, at a minimum, be considered offensive and divisive. Lol!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sitting and drinking my beer during O Canada would, at a minimum, be considered offensive and divisive. Lol!

stereotypes.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm with BugI on this one... standing for the national anthem is a sign of RESPECT, not an oath or a pledge of allegiance like the pledge is... for example, at NHL hockey game, I stand in respect to the CANADIAN flag, but in doing so, pledge absolutely nothing to our neighbors to the north.

Good point.
    Also I can't stand people who expect everybody to respect their flag and country but who don't show any respect to other flags and countries.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Good point.
    Also I can't stand people who expect everybody to respect their flag and country but who don't show any respect to other flags and countries.

I am bad...I insist people stand up at our Derby party for the singing of "My Old Kentucky Home"......:)

[video=youtube;1PRgWol5BrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PRgWol5BrY[/video]

[video=youtube;zWI9QXBROc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWI9QXBROc8[/video]

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    NFL protests: 49ers, police unions unite behind ‘common sense’ gun control

SANTA CLARA — After the San Francisco 49ers became the catalyst for league-wide protests during the national anthem over police violence, they sponsored a forum to bridge divides between police and communities and donated a million dollars toward local solutions.

Now, they’re trying to set the league’s moral compass once again, announcing Thursday that they are partnering with big-city police unions to back gun-control measures, particularly to outlaw the “bump stocks” that significantly boosted the killing power of the shooter in the Las Vegas massacre earlier this month.

“It seems insane to me that a citizen can buy something like that,” team CEO Jed York said at a news conference. “I’m not anti-Second Amendment. This is something that is common sense.”

Thursday, the 49ers and representatives of police unions from San Jose, Oakland, Santa Clara, New York, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Long Beach and Portland signed a pledge that aims to ease national police-community acrimony at the heart of on-field protests that have extended far beyond the field.

The team has also pledged $500,000 for an outreach campaign that includes public-service announcements. Both the 49ers and the police unions plan to solicit participation from other NFL teams and police unions.

But much of the news conference at Levi’s Stadium on Thursday focused on rallying behind proposed federal legislation to ban the bump stocks, and advocating to outlaw armor-piercing bullets and gun silencers the unions contend are a significant threat to law enforcement.

NFL protests: 49ers, police unions unite behind 'common sense' gun control

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom