• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Super long shot for the hardcore geeks but I've surfed my brains out.
    Got a custom win32 app that has worked for years with a symbol p370 and many other scanners using 3of9 barcodes full ascii enabled.
    3of9 font encoding
    *$M* = enter key ---- still works
    but
    *%B* = Ctrl+\ and all the other ctrl combo keys are now dead - as in the barcodes do not trigger the keyboard equivalent and fire the hooked shortcut on the main menu.
    whassssssuppp?
    Suspecting win10 and some Unicode voodoo going on but can't find any info to confirm.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I too would think 10 has something to do with it. what happens if you move the app/scanner to a lower version of windows? How about running it in xpsp3 mode?

Also did you also switch from 32 to 64 bit? That breaks a LOT of device drivers. (especially older hardware)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    A little googling shows some complaints about various codes returning different characters depending on software under win10, and different from previous versions. This may or may not be exactly what you're experiencing, but the keyboard driver seems the logical place for it to be messing up.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks for the replies. No go in compatibility mode as of yet and I have nothing but win 10 boxes at my dev. network. going to have to resurrect something with 7 and test. the app is compiled 32 bit, but has been run under 64 bit os for years. no luck on kb driver settings, generic MS HID driver from 2006. I have a Ubuntu box with wine at the office, might try that for giggles.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    download and install 123Scan from Zebra (Symbols owner) and check your firmware. We had to do some FW updates for scan rules to work properly in Win7. Has to do with how the OS detects the scanner.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    Have you tried opening notepad and scanning a barcode to see what is getting sent? Would help eliminate if it's an app or device issue. If you can make a barcode to encode a Ctrl+P, it should make the print dialog come up.

Top Bottom