• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you think the forced entry and vandalism inside the Capitol on 1/6/21 were justified?

• I'm a Democrat and it was wrong and I'd like to signal my virtue here publicly

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I'm a Democrat but admire the chutzpah of the protesters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The intense outrage you're expressing is a direct result of the way in which the information was provided about what happened, period.
    Serious question: where do you think I get my information from? I'll freely admit that almost all sources have some bias. I'm wondering what you assume about what sources I use.
    Liberals believe all kinds of **** that isn't true, what's new? We're gonna worry about that now?

I'm tired of dealing with this fake outrage, hypocritical ********. Pick a side, stick to it and stop being manipulated by the other. It would be nice if we could have a civil discussion about things and try to come to reasonable (the historical definition, not the new liberal gun grabber definition) agreements but the left is incapable as is anyone without the sense to think for themselves and allows the media to control their emotions.

Nothing that happened in DC says anything about conservatives as a whole. If it does in someone's opinion than that's their problem.

When you treat people like an enemy long enough they're just likely to start acting like one. When attempts are made to censor half of a country we have a very real problem and it ain't got a damned thing to do with a handful of rioters in DC.
    do you see any irony between your 2 statements? (my bold)

I somewhat agree with you that people are going to take sides and there is only so much we can do. But hitching your horse specifically to Trump and the election fraud issue isn't a winning formula for success

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    And again, it ain't about Trump.

I, and I'm guessing millions of others in this country would vote for a chimpanzee as long as it wasn't promising wealth redistribution, gun control and a cleansing of people who disagree with them. The left is using Trump (and all of the sensationalized BS and fake outrage) to strip the citizens of this country of their free republic. If you're focusing on Trump you're being manipulated to keep your eye on the wrong ball.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The Guard will be carrying lethal weapons for the inauguration. My understanding is this is not the norm.

This is also why it matters if you have "hearts and minds" when you take public action. If there is a revolution, it will matter significantly whether you have the sympathy of the military and guard members.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If we had Gandi or Mother Theresa as a candidate four years ago things would have still be the same. The left would have demonized them just as they did Trump. Granted Trump made it easy.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    If we had Gandi or Mother Theresa as a candidate four years ago things would have still be the same. The left would have demonized them just as they did Trump. Granted Trump made it easy.
    Maybe so, but Mother Theresa isn't who that group was fighting for when they damaged a federal building, beat up police officers, and (perhaps most noteably) chanted "Hang Pence" a guy who had been presumably on their side for years and suddenly wouldn't do one thing that Trump wanted.

Either this was about Trump, and should be rejected. Or if conservatives claim it was about conservatism and freedom, then you can't blame people for associating conservatives with the actions, can you?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That group wasn’t fighting for Trump. They were fighting for fair elections, adequate representation and truth.

I honesty don’t care what people think of what happened in DC if they’re going to look at that incident in a vacuum and decide they’d prefer to support tyranny. If this incoming administration pushes half of what they’re promising through what happened in DC will not even make the history books (not that it would be reported accurately even if it was).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Maybe so, but Mother Theresa isn't who that group was fighting for when they damaged a federal building, beat up police officers, and (perhaps most noteably) chanted "Hang Pence" a guy who had been presumably on their side for years and suddenly wouldn't do one thing that Trump wanted.

Either this was about Trump, and should be rejected. Or if conservatives claim it was about conservatism and freedom, then you can't blame people for associating conservatives with the actions, can you?
    Ok then, reject it. Spread the word so we can stop listening to morons go on about how it was the most terrifying thing the planet has ever experienced.

I don't care if it's associated with conservatives, there's no getting around that. Everyone on the planet is free to know that I'm a conservative, I favor freedom over tyranny and I believe liberalism is nothing but evil.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Ok then, reject it. Spread the word so we can stop listening to morons go on about how it was the most terrifying thing the planet has ever experienced.

I don't care if it's associated with conservatives, there's no getting around that. Everyone on the planet is free to know that I'm a conservative, I favor freedom over tyranny and I believe liberalism is nothing but evil.
    This is all about "suburban college-educated white people." Some on our side are wringing their hands, because they're afraid people who have been indoctrinated since grade school that Humans are going to suffer a mass extinction due to Climate Change - and believe it - are going to Stop Voting Republican because of the Capitol protests. Spoiler alert - they don't own guns, and we're not getting those morons to vote for us anyway.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The Guard will be carrying lethal weapons for the inauguration. My understanding is this is not the norm.

This is also why it matters if you have "hearts and minds" when you take public action. If there is a revolution, it will matter significantly whether you have the sympathy of the military and guard members.

Only after they’ve been vetted for conservative thoughts.

jkoontzie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    Mishawaka
    What I can't fathom is we have had major losses of freedom in the first, second, and fourth amendments and thousands march and protest the loss of an election by a blowhard. This is what people are willing to die for, a megalomaniac.

Top Bottom