• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you think the forced entry and vandalism inside the Capitol on 1/6/21 were justified?

• I'm a Democrat and it was wrong and I'd like to signal my virtue here publicly

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I'm a Democrat but admire the chutzpah of the protesters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    For the purposes of this poll, disregard the recently-released video showing Capitol Police allowing protesters into the building, and please confine your responses only to the activities of the protesters who smashed windows, forced their way in, or broke things (including other people).

Votes are public as a scam-proofing measure, and you can change your vote up until 1/15/21.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I watched it go down live and I didn't see any violence.

Except for someone murdering Ashli Babbit.

3 others died from nothing other than literal excitement. I wish I was joking about that, but I'm not.
    I guess the moral of the story is, don't attend protests if your doctor says you're not in good enough shape to have fun in bed.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    About 38 years ago I worked with a man who proudly stated that he had dropped a deuce on the desk of every boss that he didn't like when he left. A while later I came in to the hangar and there was a furor.

Seems the director of maintenance arrived to find a steaming pile on his desk, and a resignation letter.

If I would have found her myself in her office, I think I would have followed that old guys lead.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I learned something today watching the sunday news shows this morning.

It seems that mostly peaceful protest include fire and burning of property so it seems as if the stuff this week that happened in the Capital does not meet mostly peaceful protest criteria.

I wish media would clarify what is needed for said peaceful protest before so it can be fair...... Purple implied

This hypocrisy is uterly disturbing with everything not just this week.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It's amazing what the human mind can justify when once "teams" are chosen.

There was definitely a bunch of rioting, looting, and vandalism in cities all across the country throughout 2020. I remember posts on this forum pointing to bricks being distributed along sidewalks as evidence that the protests weren't peaceful.

Now we want to pretend that killing an officer and bringing bombs unregistered destructive devices into an occupied building--along with vandalism and looting--is "mostly peaceful"?

You don't have to choose to defend either group; it's OK to condemn both. The proper response to hypocrisy is not mirrored hypocrisy.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

There was definitely a bunch of rioting, looting, and vandalism in cities all across the country throughout 2020. I remember posts on this forum pointing to bricks being distributed along sidewalks as evidence that the protests weren't peaceful.

Now we want to pretend that killing an officer and bringing bombs unregistered destructive devices into an occupied building--along with vandalism and looting--is "mostly peaceful"?

You don't have to choose to defend either group; it's OK to condemn both. The proper response to hypocrisy is not mirrored hypocrisy.
    I realize it's subject to change but only 8.1% of those responding to the poll said what happened in DC was justified. :dunno: As to the police officer I will need to see some proof either way. Last I heard he reported back to a central office and had a stroke. If he was assaulted then charges should be filed.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

I think you're missing the big picture here. I think (my belief) most people are calling this a mostly peaceful protest as a slap to the face of the left.
    After the riots out west, and that's what they were, being called mostly peaceful protest by all the news stations and the democrat's in general, it's our way of showing them how stupid they sounded all year

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Peter, thing, Schlong, pee pee, tool, man bits, guy at work used to call his Russell
    Pop culture ref. to "kick 'em in the jimmies."

I think you're missing the big picture here. I think (my belief) most people are calling this a mostly peaceful protest as a slap to the face of the left.
    After the riots out west, and that's what they were, being called mostly peaceful protest by all the news stations and the democrat's in general, it's our way of showing them how stupid they sounded all year
    Yeah, I forgot the purple in the title...:rolleyes:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I watched it go down live and I didn't see any violence.

Except for someone murdering Ashli Babbit.

3 others died from nothing other than literal excitement. I wish I was joking about that, but I'm not.
    I guess the moral of the story is, don't attend protests if your doctor says you're not in good enough shape to have fun in bed.
    An officer was dragged away from the Capitol and beat with an American flag among other things (theres video) and then later died from his injuries but ok.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I realize it's subject to change but only 8.1% of those responding to the poll said what happened in DC was justified. :dunno: As to the police officer I will need to see some proof either way. Last I heard he reported back to a central office and had a stroke. If he was assaulted then charges should be filed.
    Thats what I just read that he had a stroke.

Top Bottom