• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The "new" M1898s were from, 1902?? Waiting for them to find some trap-door Springfields.

Effective June 26, 2024, customers are allowed to purchase up to six (6) bolt action rifles per year while supplies last. Current inventory of M1903 and M1917 rifles by grade is listed below. CMP also plans to release up to 1,000 Krag-Jorgensen rifles beginning in mid to late July. These have not been worked so a grade break-out is currently unavailable. Given the six (6) bolt rifle per customer per year limit, please plan accordingly.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The "new" M1898s were from, 1902?? Waiting for them to find some trap-door Springfields.

Effective June 26, 2024, customers are allowed to purchase up to six (6) bolt action rifles per year while supplies last. Current inventory of M1903 and M1917 rifles by grade is listed below. CMP also plans to release up to 1,000 Krag-Jorgensen rifles beginning in mid to late July. These have not been worked so a grade break-out is currently unavailable. Given the six (6) bolt rifle per customer per year limit, please plan accordingly.
    A small amount get turned in each year, mostly from veteran's organizations that have had them for years. CMP hordes them up and then releases them like this.

They may not go quick. Ammo is just barely not unobtainium. Its 50 bucks for 20 when you see it.
    The ammo makers still make it, but make only extremely limited runs, and usually once per year just before deer season. Not much reason to set the equipment up anymore.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    A small amount get turned in each year, mostly from veteran's organizations that have had them for years. CMP hordes them up and then releases them like this.

They may not go quick. Ammo is just barely not unobtainium. Its 50 bucks for 20 when you see it.
    The ammo makers still make it, but make only extremely limited runs, and usually once per year just before deer season. Not much reason to set the equipment up anymore.
    I load it already for a Browning 1895, we have plenty of brass.
    We will be in for one or two of them.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    I still see some krags in the American Legions around, so these probably are parade rifles at one time. IF they were parade rifles, the bores might be rusted out from the old blanks they used back then. I still run onto lots of boxes of krag blanks even after this many years. Most of the blanks i have are loaded with black powder and corrosive priming of course. combine those things with many people not worrying about cleaning too much gives you a great looking bore...lol. (insert sarcasm there)
    of course some may have escaped this fate and have good bores, who knows.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    I always had a soft spot for my beloved krags. These could be well worth the effort to check out guys. Especially, if you could find one with a serial number hit. Many were used by the Navy as well. Never know could be some carbines in there. As well as some early 1892 to 1896 conversion models.
    1000002085.jpg

1000003627.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'll have to try that, I've got some brass that's been cycled through the 1895s several times. It expect it's getting to the end of it's life.
    Really nothing to it. Basically just run the .303 brass through the full length 30-40 sizing die. I think I may have annealed it first. One caveat though. Make sure to keep your loaded ammo separate from any 303 ammo since the headstamps will say 303.

Top Bottom