• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    John McAfee doing a lot of Epstein talk on Twitter. Not sure if it's John being John, or what

It's going to read a bit weird since these are a series of tweets over the past couple weeks, keep that in mind.

I always make sure my phones are “bern compromosed” before I leave the house. :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hey, I'm confident jamil and I can adapt to whatever constraints we have to, but not until we have to. Not so sure about LibertySandpaper01.He can't even get friendly with normal sized type

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you really want to tweet more than 280 characters, convert what you want to tweet into an image, and post that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Or just acknowledge that twitter is a sucky game that simulates actual protest without consequences but also without meaningful results and use the freed-up time for something constructive

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As you have demonstrated the obverse. I don't even hate it, it's just functionally it is almost all chaff and no wheat. The wisdom of the masses is (vastly) overrated

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As you have demonstrated the obverse. I don't even hate it, it's just functionally it is almost all chaff and no wheat. The wisdom of the masses is (vastly) overrated

It's all in how you use it.

I use it as a curation tool. I get the news from the sources I want faster than you could from any other source.

It's also a medium for specific people. Trump, for example. You aren't going to see what he says on Twitter anywhe.... ok, well, the news will certainly report what he says on TV...

But McAfee is a good example. Or Elon Musk. Those types that use it to get the word out about new/interesting happenings.

The comments side of Twitter, the arguing and pretentious know-it-all aspect of it... yes, that's garbage and easy to ignore. I'd never suggest using Twitter in its bare form. I only use it through Tweetdeck, which allows you to create lists of specific things you want to see, and just have those lists feeding through. Avoid the garbage, just get the important/interesting things, and never ever see the comments/replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Twitter creates a ****storm and then offers you their own tool to strain out the solids, and the idea that what you see can be subtly or not so subtly shaded (or shadow-banned) just doesn't resonate?

I fail to see how the effort to sell Musk as edgy and relevant is any different from the efforts of E! to shill for the pretentions of Hollywood

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You've made it clear how much you hate Twitter.

He's not wrong though. It's true enough that you can use Twitter as a useful tool for getting information. But it does expose you to daily amounts of toxic waste. Each person can decide how valuable that tool is compared with the toxic waste.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey. As a twitter consumer, I hate twitter too. But it's a useful tool worth wading through the toxic waste.

Top Bottom