• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't see anything to gain, today, from going after Clinton. He's obviously done, and aside from trying to pull Hillary down with him, there's just nothing there anymore. She's done running, she's probably nearing the end of her "influence".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't see anything to gain, today, from going after Clinton. He's obviously done, and aside from trying to pull Hillary down with him, there's just nothing there anymore. She's done running, she's probably nearing the end of her "influence".

One one hand I can see that argument, but on the other, I could use that argument for releasing the entire prison population on the grounds that none of those inmates amount to a bucket of **** politically.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

By going back to 1992 trying desperately to tie Trump to Epstein, I would say the left is moving the time horizon on that statute of limitations you're pushing. If what Trump did then is germane, then how much more so what the Clintons did contemporaneously when they were high government officials

It almost seems you're arguing that justice should be tempered by a consideration of how important the subject of an investigation is now, rather than consider the depth of their perfidy when they actually committed the offenses
    By that standard, wouldn't you be arguing the Israelis should have let Eichmann go?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    giphy.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because rather than criticize a sitting president's bad actions, its better to do so to a guy who hasn't been in office in almost 20 years.

If you want to attempt to sensationalize the innocuous actions of Trump from 27 years ago, then don't complain when anyones actions from that long ago are put under similarl scrutiny. That the actions of so many progressives are found to be far more worthy of opprobrium is a consequence of the comparisons you were trying to make, not what we're willing to criticize. It's just that if you can't criticize Trump's archival behavior then you've got nothing except he hurts your feels while being a much more successful president than your messiah Obama

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you want to attempt to sensationalize the innocuous actions of Trump from 27 years ago, then don't complain when anyones actions from that long ago are put under similarl scrutiny. That the actions of so many progressives are found to be far more worthy of opprobrium is a consequence of the comparisons you were trying to make, not what we're willing to criticize. It's just that if you can't criticize Trump's archival behavior then you've got nothing except he hurts your feels while being a much more successful president than your messiah Obama

I'm not in the know to determine if Trumps actions, from 27 years ago, were innocuous. I'm not sure that Cheetos jesus is a more successful president than the Muslim Kenyan messiah. Just out of curiosity, is your post a "think," or "know," commentary?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

By going back to 1992 trying [STRIKE]desperately[/STRIKE] [real hard] to tie Trump to Epstein, I would say [STRIKE]the left is moving the time horizon on that statute of limitations you're pushing[/STRIKE] [hold everyone to the same standard]. If what Trump did then [STRIKE]is germane[/STRIKE] [matters], then how much more so what the Clintons did [STRIKE]contemporaneously[/STRIKE] [at the same time] when they were high government officials

It almost seems you're arguing that justice should be [STRIKE]tempered[/STRIKE]
    [influenced] by a consideration of how important the subject of an investigation is now, rather than consider [STRIKE]the depth of their perfidy[/STRIKE] [their actual crimes] when they actually committed the offenses
    By that standard, wouldn't you be arguing the Israelis should have let Eichmann go?

*.*

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not in the know to determine if Trumps actions, from 27 years ago, were innocuous. I'm not sure that Cheetos jesus is a more successful president than the Muslim Kenyan messiah. Just out of curiosity, is your post a "think," or "know," commentary?

You're also not in the know to determine that they were not. Yin-Yang

It is possible to recognize an attempt to sensationalize something for political gain empirically; if I attempted to delve into your motivations for same, that would require knowledge I couldn't possibly have

The difference between "Trump's tweets on Ilhan are racist" and "Trump's tweets on Ilhan appear to be racist" Motivation can never be known unless the prime actor tells you his/her/its motivation (and actually tells the truth)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You're also not in the know to determine that they were not. Yin-Yang

It is possible to recognize an attempt to sensationalize something for political gain empirically; if I attempted to delve into your motivations for same, that would require knowledge I couldn't possibly have

The difference between "Trump's tweets on Ilhan are racist" and "Trump's tweets on Ilhan appear to be racist" Motivation can never be known unless the prime actor tells you his/her/its motivation (and actually tells the truth)
    So... now I can openly use the "N word", so long asI'm not using it with a racist motivation? :dunno:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You are just painting a fart, Bug. It isn't just the far left that believes Trump is a moron, a sexual deviant and a bully. Much of middle America feels the same.

His behavior has been made obvious by his inability to keep his mouth shut and/or his fingers away from a keyboard. By defending him so vigorously, it ultimately calls into question your values and possible behaviorand conduct away from your keyboard.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You are just painting a fart, Bug. It isn't just the far left that believes Trump is a moron, a sexual deviant and a bully. Much of middle America feels the same.

His behavior has been made obvious by his inability to keep his mouth shut and/or his fingers away from a keyboard. By defending him so vigorously, it ultimately calls into question your values and possible behaviorand conduct away from your keyboard.

Weird, being as Trump got elected as the President of the United States........ TWICE.

How do Americans feel again? :dunno:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oh ya. That hasn't happened yet.

I'd tell you about his 3rd term but some secrets should be kept secret.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Weird, being as Trump got elected as the President of the United States........ TWICE.

How do Americans feel again? :dunno:

You cannot be so naive to believe that 46.1% of the actual voters in 2016 represent the opinions of the entire citizenry in 2019.

Then again, maybe you do believe that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Call away

To paraphrase T.Lex, I've been called worse by better

And you know what wearing your own 'righteousness' on your sleeve makes us think, yes? Using your standard; much of middle America, conversely, finds him to be just fine

If its a popularity contest, see you in 2020. If you're trying to impose your own standards of politesse on everyone because you just know du hast Recht, knock yourself out. I predict continued miserable failure

Last edited:
    Top Bottom