Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    Interesting print ad for the 1981 Chevy "V8 Special Economy Truck". It boasts of V8 power with 6 cylinder economy, but there's no mention of engine/transmssion/gearing specifications. We're thinking it's equipped with the base 305 and probably 2.73 gearing. Or perhaps the diesel 350?
    27211475-0CB1-46B9-AF5A-28D06CC63247.jpeg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Interesting print ad for the 1981 Chevy "V8 Special Economy Truck". It boasts of V8 power with 6 cylinder economy, but there's no mention of engine/transmssion/gearing specifications. We're thinking it's equipped with the base 305 and probably 2.73 gearing. Or perhaps the diesel 350?
    View attachment 198401
    350 diesel? You talking about the diesels GM put in all those military Blazers (I think they refered to them as CutV's) and pick ups?
    We had some of those through a use equipment exchange deal and I spent 2 weeks working at Camp Atterbury to become familiar with them. They were pretty gutless pigs from what I saw. Biggest thing I got was I was genuinely impressed with how much those guys could take apart with the Gerber version of a leatherman multi tool. Those poor guys weren't working with much in way of quality tools. Really surprised me. I have couple of their issued service manuals and they are broken down so just about anyone could follow the directions how to repair them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    350 diesel? You talking about the diesels GM put in all those military Blazers (I think they refered to them as CutV's) and pick ups?
    We had some of those through a use equipment exchange deal and I spent 2 weeks working at Camp Atterbury to become familiar with them. They were pretty gutless pigs from what I saw. Biggest thing I got was I was genuinely impressed with how much those guys could take apart with the Gerber version of a leatherman multi tool. Those poor guys weren't working with much in way of quality tools. Really surprised me. I have couple of their issued service manuals and they are broken down so just about anyone could follow the directions how to repair them.
    Gerber rules.
    Period.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    1970 Plymouth Barracuda with a 225 cubic inch 6 cylinder engine and a 4 speedView attachment 198405
    Love the '70 Cuda. My favorite year of all of them. My brother had a 440, Pistol Grip 4-speed car. It was a screamer. I saw he posted on FB the other day in response to what car would you have liked to have back and he said his Cuda. And he had a lot of cool stuff over the years since he grew up during the pinnacle of hot rodding. (he's 73)

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I would definetly agree with “gutless”. I had a 3/4 ton Silverado 4 spd. with the 6.2 ( 350 ) diesel. Used as a farm truck. Trying to take off from a stop while loaded down or while towing something weighty left much to be desired.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    My current fun rides, a 2007 Hayabusa (currently selling it hopefully lol) and a 2004 Yamaha VStar 1100 that I'll be selling next so I can get a Harley.

Attachments

• 20220426_195357.jpg
      20220426_195357.jpg
      550.3 KB · Views: 4
    • 20220410_111807.jpg
      20220410_111807.jpg
      874.2 KB · Views: 4

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Love the '70 Cuda. My favorite year of all of them. My brother had a 440, Pistol Grip 4-speed car. It was a screamer. I saw he posted on FB the other day in response to what car would you have liked to have back and he said his Cuda. And he had a lot of cool stuff over the years since he grew up during the pinnacle of hot rodding. (he's 73)
    One of my best friends finished 2 years of service and returned home from Nam in early ‘70. Almost immediately bought a 440, 4-speed Cuda. I can affirm that it did scream !
    Coming to my house 1 day, came to a canal bridge -opposite side roadway went down hill and oncoming traffic not visible to him . As he got to bridge another car popped up coming towards him…in the middle of the road. He swerved and ended up in the water. Barracuda couldn’t swim !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can’t pin it down to any single car I have owned and that list is long and storied.
    The 64 Dodge Polara Hemi 3 peddle comes to mind as a front runner.
    Maybe the 70 W-30. Man I loved that car and owned it a long time.
    The 64 SS blown BB 3 peddle Chevel. Yeah I miss that one.
    I could go on.

Top Bottom