• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sparky03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lebanon IN
    Looking for a gun-smith in Indiana so I don't have to ship my class 3 gun off. It is a Aluminum lower AR-15, also I am waiting on the paper work back from the AFT
    It transferred from Az could I get it repaired before I get the paper work or am I just waiting this one out.

Thanks
    Eric

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Others can correct me if I am wrong. If the class 3 dealer that has your gun now has the ability to do the repairs they probably can do it. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait.

Or if the dealer can't do the repairs you could have it transfered to a dealer who could do the repairs, and then transfer to you. That would take longer I would think.

What repairs are needed?

Last edited:

Sparky03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lebanon IN
    i wanted to add a mag releace fence around the mag releace button and i wanted to add safty end stop on it.

it looks like a sp1 but is is a very old ar15 alum lower.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    i wanted to add a mag releace fence around the mag releace button and i wanted to add safty end stop on it.

it looks like a sp1 but is is a very old ar15 alum lower.

The gun in question is a slab-side AR conversion. It is appox. an early '80s vintage Palmetto Armory conversion done by Flemming. The OP wants to have a newer style Mag Release Fence added (welded) to the right side of the receiver.
    M60joe won't weld on a receiver that's not broke and I can't seem to find the contact info for J. Norrell, though I am pretty sure he could do it.

Top Bottom