Clarification on 'Religious discussion' rule.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Religious topics

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have been struggling with posting my opinion on the matter. No matter what I say there will be a couple people that it will inflame. So I will just say that I think the ban is probably for the best. We have a group that always stands at the ready to make nasty (to me blasphemous) comments, any time a person of faith posts any position based upon Biblical principles. I will not post again in this thread.
    ( I think you posted without inflaming anyone. ) :D

Also, as said earlier, I agree with your post, but I think it works both ways.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I have been struggling with posting my opinion on the matter. No matter what I say there will be a couple people that it will inflame. So I will just say that I think the ban is probably for the best. We have a group that always stands at the ready to make nasty (to me blasphemous) comments, any time a person of faith posts any position based upon Biblical principles. I will not post again in this thread.

I agree... and I think there are a few groups on different sides and if there isn't a precedent set to prevent this behavior it will only snowball. There have been lines drawn and sides picked and individuals are just waiting for (even creating) opportunities to throw stones across those lines.

I haven't been around here that long, but I can pick out a few stone throwers pretty easily. The Church Security Team thread is a perfect example.... There were a few people that entered the thread just for the hell of it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Depends on the crime I think, cannot just hang someone for bad typing or TUI(typing under the influence), that would be a little harsh

I dunno about dat. They closed that one thread because it was so bad. May as well hang him if he can't post.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    How do we do the jury pool draw? What is an acceptable reason to not sit on the jury?

We select members that weren't involved in the thread, are online often, and if they don't have time to participate they don't participate. They would decide how the offense could negatively affect the community and tell the moderators how they think the offender should be punished. The moderators would simply present the evidence, and administer punishment of course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom