• ...and so much more!
  • Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    We might not be of the same theology or have a similar worship style but we sure agree on this. Seeing those memes just made me sick. I think that’s the political discussion we’re having here, church first, Christ first, politics down the list.

I’ve had a few replies started but didn’t finish, considering what the nature of this thread is, knowing I could derail it. At the same time, I believe we are all more alike than we are different and we can handle this discussion.

I do agree with @Ziggidy with all his ‘how could you’ questions; I’ll vote for Trump but not as the savior that many equate him to be, not even as the chosen that many think he is.
    If he was chosen it wouldn’t even be a race.

We’re living in the upside down.

ETA! And the youngsters know it, and want something better!
    I agree 100%. My wife and I and many others in our circle call it being “kingdom minded” Christians. God is about His kingdom and His glory. Through His love, grace and mercy He invites us to be a part of it. The problem with much of “Americanized” Christianity is that many people have it reversed. Instead of being a part of God’s kingdom they expect God to be a part of their kingdom. The perspective is reversed and has lead to so much of the complacency, and justification of selfishness and sin that we see in so many churches. When we are focused on God’s kingdom it changes everything, how we look at scripture, how we treat our wives, raise our kids, view our occupation, serve our community, view politics and on and on.

I think we have a similar mind set on faith and politics. Voting matters and I see it as a sacred right as an American that I will not take for granted. But Gods kingdom comes first and regardless of who the president is God is in control and He has a plan and a purpose. I have some road time coming up later and I’ll listen to the podcast you posted.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Thought this was relevant to the discussion, whether it is the US or Israel.
    As was mentioned in the linked sermon, the pastor said that Christ was definitely involved in politics, but not involved in partisanship.

I don’t known how we can not be partisan, if we’re going to vote, and, as Z states above, influence others for the better, as we should, but it’s the identification of the party as being equal to or superior to the faith that really sends up a red flag for me.
    I can’t imagine not being partisan, but I’m not much like Jesus. Trying, but really not much like Him.
    I think it involves letting go of something. And once you let go of that partisan 1st thing, and accept the peace that passes all understanding including how are we gonna get out of this mess, you’re on the path.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As was mentioned in the linked sermon, the pastor said that Christ was definitely involved in politics, but not involved in partisanship.

I don’t known how we can not be partisan, if we’re going to vote, and, as Z states above, influence others for the better, as we should, but it’s the identification of the party as being equal to or superior to the faith that really sends up a red flag for me.
    I can’t imagine not being partisan, but I’m not much like Jesus. Trying, but really not much like Him.
    I think it involves letting go of something. And once you let go of that partisan 1st thing, and accept the peace that passes all understanding including how are we gonna get out of this mess, you’re on the path.
    The Bible teaches to take a stand against evil. In our country I believe as part of our mission as an ambassador of Christ we are responsible for our votes.
    We are not voting for Jesus in this country, we are lucky to live in a country where we have a say in who gets elected.
    We have a responsibility as Christians to see the least evil people get elected.
    I also believe that at judgment God will include our voting record on what we know was right and wrong. As in if we knowingly voted in a person who is pro death, etc...
    As of right now we are in a struggle to keep a crazy leftist party who wants to kill innocent babies up to and in some cases the day they are due.
    This same evil party wants to mutilate children and try to change their gender.
    Not all of whom we vote for are Christians, but we need to vote in ones closest to the Christian ideals.

Top Bottom