• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Ndavid45,
    About 25 years ago the better 2/3's and I were sitting at the dinner table discussing how the world had been set in motion as a time piece, to display the image of Christ praying over Lotan (the seven headed serpent depicted by the Nile). That the movement of continents, the weathering of mountains and the raising and lowering of oceans had all come together such that now at this point in the existence of our world the natural elements are used to exhibit the supernatural. A lesson to us, the spirit moved through the room and with hair standing up on our arms we looked at each other wide eyed at receiving confirmation of things spoken.

This is simple reality, that God is daily involved and in charge. The wife and I, we cannot fathom His works, how He prearranges this world to tell His story or prearranges this world to answer prayers if only one asks. But He does it. So I urge you, ask Him for clarity when you are seeking answers.

I hope you find what you are looking for and that it is in alignment with all the good that He would have for you.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Israel in his blessings to his sons spoke prophetically (I believe) that Judah's eyes would be red with wine, but his teeth would be white with milk.

I take It to mean that Jesus would spend much tearful time in prayer and mostly abstain from wine except when called for ceremonially.

That has probably never posited before, just something that I have thought about over the years.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WWJD?

(What Would Jesus Drink)?

I gotta say, in all my theological studies, I've never come across a debate like Mongo and Chip on wine at the last supper.

I believe that most of the fundamentalist prohibition stems more from modern (i.e. last 150 years) culture than the Bible.

IMHO, it's not worth arguing over.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I gotta say, in all my theological studies, I've never come across a debate like Mongo and Chip on wine at the last supper.

I believe that most of the fundamentalist prohibition stems more from modern (i.e. last 150 years) culture than the Bible.

My personal decision is to not drink. Never had a drop of alcohol in my 33-1/2 years on this earth, but that’s my personal conviction. Drinking killed my grandfather. Nearly killed my dad. I’m just gonna sit that one out.

My Biblical answer for the alcohol question is Ephesians 5:18. Basically, don’t give control of yourself over to any substance.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, there's alot wrapped up in that including whatever contemporaneous Jewish dietary traditions were observed.

Ultimately, whatever He actually drank is secondary to what He did and what He instructed.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had a long car ride home from a wonderful weekend (college Faith group reunion), and as my wife slept, I geeked out on a two hour podcast debate between a trinitarian (aka pretty much all of us) and "biblical" unitarian.

https://www.prestonsprinkle.com/the...-a-conversation-with-chris-date-and-sam-adams

I love the Theology in the Raw podcast, but there's just too many, and too long to keep up.

I'm pretty sure there's some badge, or trinket, you get if you can actually listen to the whole thing.
    Did anyone have that as a kid? I remember getting little stuff for memorizing verses that we stuck on a beanie.

af22ede6fcc260651435f16a3319a3bf.jpg
    I wonder if my mother still has mine.

I see there's actually a YouTube version of the podcast.
    [video=youtube;0a7tsC_6T80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a7tsC_6T80[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    tenor.gif

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You probably think the same of azymes.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You probably think the same of azymes.

:dunno:

Those look really bland.

...First of the month again; not looking forward to the nasty prepackaged juice and wafer we have at church. :puke:

I suppose if I wait and take it at the second service, then I'll have some coffee in my mug with which to wash it down.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you'd quit being an azymite, rejoin the ancient tradition, and join the bread making club, it wouldn't be near so bland or dry as it would be soaked in wine before it hits your tongue.

:dunno:

Those look really bland.

...First of the month again; not looking forward to the nasty prepackaged juice and wafer we have at church. :puke:

I suppose if I wait and take it at the second service, then I'll have some coffee in my mug with which to wash it down.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you'd quit being an azymite, rejoin the ancient tradition, and join the bread making club, it wouldn't be near so bland or dry as it would be soaked in wine before it hits your tongue.

Oh! You misspelled it in the first post (azymes), so I thought you were talking about matzah... made no sense at all. (Or maybe you didn't misspell it, and I'm just a little slow today, because it makes even less sense that way.)

And, yeah, I'll pass on your offer to "rejoin". ;)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Which part?

Hi there.
    Just thinking out loud, seems to me that yeah sure they drank water, wine, they had drinks with water and juice mixed with wine, I'm pretty sure that fermented honey and grain drinks weren't a mystery seeing as the Egyptians had such forever... but that Jesus didn't make a practice of drinking "too much". So what I was thinking is that He drank whatever they drank in the civilization that he was physically manifested in. So thinking that, there doesn't seem to be much in debate. I guess me saying "Wrong" was the wrong way to express my thoughts that there isn't anything to argue about.

One thing I've puzzled over is whether or not they had distillation of alcohol. Can hardly imagine why they wouldn't have had it. There is a reference to "strong drink" in scripture but I haven't looked it up for the word root and translation.

Top Bottom