• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Our thoughts and prayers....

You know, when I heard this, at first I thought OMG not again. I seem to recall a kid who went from one church to the next out west until a female security guard stoped him with 2(?) rounds... after searching him they discovered he was planning on stopping by the schools aswell if he made it through his first targets alive. Backpack full of mags and ammo.

Let the Anti's try to spin this. Just let em. We have far more evidence to back up our side than they do theirs.

Just let em try.

Thoughts and prayers, again, to the church and the pastor's family and those who were hurt.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Our thoughts and prayers....

You know, when I heard this, at first I thought OMG not again. I seem to recall a kid who went from one church to the next out west until a female security guard stoped him with 2(?) rounds... after searching him they discovered he was planning on stopping by the schools aswell if he made it through his first targets alive. Backpack full of mags and ammo.

Let the Anti's try to spin this. Just let em. We have far more evidence to back up our side than they do theirs.

Just let em try.

Thoughts and prayers, again, to the church and the pastor's family and those who were hurt.

New Life church in Colorado. Parishoner Jeanne Assam stopped him when a male "security guard" could not bring himself to fire.

The antis, sadly, do not need evidence nor facts, they have feeeeeeeeeeeelings and emotional pleas and bleatings to "do it for the children".

Yes. Good idea. Let's all disarm ourselves for the children. That way, when the predators show up to do harm, we can all die the death of the helpless innocents and leave our children orphaned. Smart idea. :rolleyes:

Needless to say, the preceding paragraph is pure sarcasm.

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks BoR. I knew I wasn't crazy.

They've been making a big deal on CNN about it earlier, but not a whole bunch yet. I guess the bible in the pastor's hand deflected the first shot? :dunno: If so that's a hand of God coming down.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm a member of a very large church on the southside of Indy. I think it's time I find out and my church's position on CCW. I always carry, but I've never asked the official position.

My advice is: Don't ask...don't tell. It is much easier to apologize for violating their policy that to get permission in the first place.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Very sad story, I really HATE to hear about things like this. So far they have still not come up with a motive either, besides generally unbalanced I guess.

BUT, I did read something amazing, and I simply cannot believe it. This must be impossible according to all I read on here, but here is the quote:

Mudge said Sedlacek had 10 rounds of ammunition in a handgun and was carrying two more 10-round magazines in his pocket on Sunday. The .45-caliber Glock jammed after four shots were fired at Winters, prosecutors said, but not before one bullet fatally struck him in the heart after he deflected the first with his Bible.

Holy cow, a Glock jammed! I know that this will not be believed on here, but I guess we can be glad it did or this would have been worse I'd think. I did read that the one gentleman was out of surgery from the stab wounds that he suffered stopping the guy, glad he is OK and I'm glad to see someone willing to jump in and try and stop the guy. Good for him!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm telling you God intervened in that church that day. I don't like glocks, but they are some of the most reliable guns in the world. Not knowing the conditions of the gun, I think it's safe to say it was nothing short of a miracle. We all know what it would have meant had it not been.

Good to hear one of them is doing much better now. I can't even imagine the horror of watching what those people saw. Too many questions but such a touchy issue and probably not appropriate to talk about...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The church we go to watches the little ones while we go to the main hall. So I can't for any reason carry to church. I doubt they'd want let anyone even if they didn't have a daycare... I'm just saying they are still off limits during church because of my above opening statement.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    I just heard on the news that they searched this nutjob's apartment and found enough ammunition to kill 30 people. Wow at his level that must be 120 rounds or so. I hate the slant that the news always puts on anything having to do with firearms. :blahblah::fawk::puke:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The church we go to watches the little ones while we go to the main hall. So I can't for any reason carry to church. I doubt they'd want let anyone even if they didn't have a daycare... I'm just saying they are still off limits during church because of my above opening statement.

Actually if all they run is a daycare during services that is exempt I think (IANAL) and if not as long as they authorize you to be "security". And there might be another loophole (again IANAL)

35-47-9-1 Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:
    (2) A person who has been employed or authorized by:
    (A) a school; or
    (B) another person who owns or operates property being used by a school for a school function;
    to act as a security guard, perform or participate in a school function, or participate in any other activity authorized by a school.

You are authorized to participate in prayer and hymns and such aren't you?
    Actually depending on how its read it could allow teachers to carry. They are employed by and authorized to participate in teaching the little ones.:D

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    this morning on Channel 13, Julia Moffit actually said this:

a search of the gunman's home uncovered enough ammunition to kill 30 people....

WTF?

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Yes, so in theory any one of us has enough ammo to kill hundreds or thousands of people. The inference is that he planned to kill that many just because he had that many bullets in his possession is stupid but people eat it up. Not coming down on the side of the assailant here but c'mon, the newsheads really tic me off sometimes.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The church we go to watches the little ones while we go to the main hall. So I can't for any reason carry to church.

Just about every church has a "nursery" for little ones during the service. But this is the firt time I've ever heard anyone link it to a legal reason for not carrying.

Is that what you meant to suggest?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just about every church has a "nursery" for little ones during the service. But this is the firt time I've ever heard anyone link it to a legal reason for not carrying.

Is that what you meant to suggest?

Nursery, Daycare, All the same, Right? And they have teachers teaching the older kids about God. Sunday School anyone?

Look I just don't want to do anything that would get my license revoked. You understand right?

Prove that it's legal to carry in church while Sunday School and the daycare's are going and then I will carry. Until then I will continue being stubborn, like my fiance says, and just not go. I haven't been to church in a couple months now. I only go a few times a year. It's hard to sit through a sermon when they start focusing on how much money they've earned how big their church is getting, all the overseas trips they take, etc.
    Church + Money = Greed
    Kingsway anyone? PCC? All about money, every Sunday.

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    Is nothing sacred anymore? I am not a religious person, but there is just a level of respect that has to be honored. This is just crazy, I don't care if my worst enemy was in a church, you do not disrespect a place of worship.

Try Iraq when 10-12 of your worst enemies are firing PKCs and RPGs from a mosque. They told us never to fire on a mosque, but that quickly changed. We lit it up with .50cals and MK19s and small arms until the jets got there. These were taken by me about a minute before a JDAM destroyed it.
    15fsqcl.jpg

29cxh8i.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom