• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ok, lets go another route. I 100% can arrest someone in Indiana for DOC on a public sidewalk based on HOW they are saying it, not based on the content of their speech.
    IC 35-45-1-3 Disorderly conduct
    Sec. 3. (a) A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally:

(1) engages in fighting or in tumultuous conduct;

(2) makes unreasonable noise and continues to do so after being asked to stop; or

(3) disrupts a lawful assembly of persons;

commits disorderly conduct, a Class B misdemeanor.
    Pray tell, which of these apply to the interaction here?

(1) clearly doesn't apply
    (2) any noise he was making was less than that being made by the crowd on the other side of the street
    (3) "disrupts" must mean more than "says things an assembly of persons doesn't like hearing", otherwise it is far too subjective and void for vagueness.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    1687181372550.png

1687181397688.png

1687181451920.png

I am enjoying the discussion on the particulars and tangents, but I think this was a case of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". It was easier for them to deal with him before there was a "dust up" than the far larger crowd of colorful people. Democracy in action, majority wins.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I wonder if the cops didn't go to tell this guy "hey please be quieter" then he made a threat or something, and the cops maybe thought "we know the charges will get dropped but the best way to get this guy out of here and de escalate the situation is just book him so we don't have a bigger problem later." I don't have any formal police training but if this is the situation, then all the extending circumstances really don't matter. The discussion, however, has been fascinating and honestly pretty civil, which is cool.
    The entire encounter is on video...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    From a more objective point of view, I still contend this iteration of the LGBT movement has its roots in a Marxist/communist revolution. The reason why is based on the Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, which calls to relentlessly attack the opposition without letting up the pressure (8), fight by no rules while forcing the other side to abide by theirs (4), provide an opposite dichotomy to your enemy and eventually it will break through (ie. every positive has its negative, support the opposite of your enemy)(11). Most relevant of all is ridicule the enemy as there is little counter offense, which infuriates the enemy causing them to react to your advantage (5). These are the same tactics being used here, from calling everyone that disagrees with you a "homophobe", to coming out with more and more ridiculous claims like men competing in women's sports or high schoolers "identifying" as cats and dogs.

It's a shift in the culture war. Like it or not, the foundations of our society were forged with Judeo-Christian values of Justice, Equality and Freedom (I know other cultures have this, but the founders and framers of our society today were inspired and enshrined Christian values into our founding documents) that was centered around the family unit. In other words, there is a specific order to our current society, and this movement is doing its best to tear these foundations asunder. It is why the opposition has put their full support behind this. It's why they target families and why they try to counteract the "conservative" dichotomy at every turn. They intend to destroy the foundations and rebuild them in their design, not through bullets and bombs, but by hijacking the minds and hearts of the future.

The foot soldiers of this movement mostly do not know they are merely pawns in this operation, and some may have legitimate reasons they walk in step with this, but they are walking down the same path many civilizations have throughout history in a collapsing society. They have been demoralized, told up is down and down is up and confused, making them easier for control as they no longer have sound footing in their judgement. This is backed up by Yuri Besmenov's (probably misspelled his name) when he described how marxism would come to America. We are in the times of the Age of Decadence described in Sir John Glubb's "Fate of Empires".
    I'm pretty sure it's the TQ+ movement, not the LGB movement.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wonder if the cops didn't go to tell this guy "hey please be quieter" then he made a threat or something, and the cops maybe thought "we know the charges will get dropped but the best way to get this guy out of here and de escalate the situation is just book him so we don't have a bigger problem later." I don't have any formal police training but if this is the situation, then all the extending circumstances really don't matter. The discussion, however, has been fascinating and honestly pretty civil, which is cool.
    It just means you have an arrest record now but no big deal.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The only one doing the "forcing" here is... you. Courteous is rather subjective. Also: I don't see "courteous" exception in the first amendment. In fact, I would suggest that petitioning for redress of grievances might even imply quite the opposite.
    It's too bad the police weren't as 'proactive' when BLM was shutting down streets or harassing people in restaurants, but don't let a Christian stand on the side of the street and not let the gays 'have their day' lol.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I'm pretty sure it's the TQ+ movement, not the LGB movement.
    There has been dissent between the LGB and TQ+ within the movement, but there have been cases where the LGB have also acted without scruples, though to a much lesser extent. The most blatant was the Colorado baker situation, where they repeatedly tried bankrupting him with lawfare, albeit with support of the government. And just to be clear, I am attacking the movement, not the individuals of this nature. You can be of this ilk, but not be a part of the LGBT movement, thus the presence of the Gays Against Groomers and The Third Way movements.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As long as he's not shouting and trying to force his beliefs on others, I completely agree. The first amendment should be used in a courteous manner.
    Matthew 5:11-12
    [11]Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
    [12]Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member