• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Just keep in mind that the only reason China has not attacked us is based on the fact that they are not connected by land and could never get enough foot soldiers on land fast enough to take us. They do have the largest army in the world.

If anyone were to try to invade, you would find that we, in fact, have the largest army in the world.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Just keep in mind that the only reason China has not attacked us is based on the fact that they are not connected by land and could never get enough foot soldiers on land fast enough to take us. They do have the largest army in the world.

Why would China invade the United States? China hasn't attacked anybody since they invaded northern Vietnam in 1979, and both sides may have lost over 20,000 people in one month of fighting. Yes, they have a large army but they are still well behind the United States technologically (they're trying to close this gap).

We're not going to war with Pakistan, these cross border strikes have been going on for years. I can't believe that the Pakistani government has not approved some of these strikes at one point or another, even they whine publicly. China will not attack us regardless of what happens in Pakistan, they're blowing hot air.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Guys, I understand why we would want to plan for the scenario of taking out Paki's nukes. We plan for all kinds of scenarios and those are good and necessary exercises.

My question was meant more to imply that it doesn't make sense that such an action would be imminent. I think Tarpley's suggestion that this is on the cusp is dubious.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, and we butcher defenseless chicken, ducks, pigs and cows.;)

The Chinese are always ready for TEOTWAWKI as they will eat anything that walks, crawls or slithers.

Come now, tree, never seen The Patriot? Dog makes a fine meal . . . especially when hungry!

I am very concerned about the clowns running the current administration. We may blunder towards war when no one wants it.

I could care less what some want to eat for dinner.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    We eat goats (we as in Americans, I haven't tried it myself) and there really isn't a ton of difference between a dog and a goat. They both follow you around and enjoy your attention.

Humans aren't excluded from Earth's food chain. When we're hungry enough, we'll eat just about anything.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I had Goat Curry a while back, it might as well have been dog. When we have seeing-eye goats and Police goats, I'll give you that comparison. ;)
    I'm not really even a dog guy, I just didn't like seeing them slaughtered in the street for food. Maybe I'm just too much of a city boy still.

victor 1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    The region
    It's time for us to be an isolationist nation again until it gets so bad that we just have to kick everyone's ass again and save the world. Until then we should be minding our own buisiness, taking care of our vets, orpahans,and homeless and give no other countries our money.
    Every country hates us anyway!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We don't need, and can't afford to be "isolationist". It's a bad policy. What we truly need to embrace is non-interventionism. Trade with all, get entangled with none. It's the way we were intended to work as a country and it would serve us well to go that route again.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Fact is China has a large enough population that they can call up more troops than we have a total population.

That's a fact that gets tossed around a bit...

But I've always wondered what percentage of their population that China has the resources to prepare for battle overseas (on American soil anyways). I mean, sure, they got a TON of potential soldiers... but can they uniform, arm, and provide ammunition to all of them?

I'm fairly confident that between the US military and private gun ownership in the US... a large majority of our population would be armed fairly well.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    It's time for us to be an isolationist nation again until it gets so bad that we just have to kick everyone's ass again and save the world. Until then we should be minding our own buisiness, taking care of our vets, orpahans,and homeless and give no other countries our money.
    Every country hates us anyway!

We don't need, and can't afford to be "isolationist". It's a bad policy. What we truly need to embrace is non-interventionism. Trade with all, get entangled with none. It's the way we were intended to work as a country and it would serve us well to go that route again.

I agree with both statements. We need to first be isolationist to show the world that they really do need Americans. Then trade first with nations that have stood by us, and so on. :twocents:

Top Bottom