• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Where can I get a $70 mosin locally?

I don't know about local, but if you have your C&R, you can get them at SOG or AIM. Mine's not on order yet, but soon. Then I have to save up to get ammo for it. It's cheap, but most of my $$ is going into the tank. :spend: :crying:

You might find someone with a C&R who would order one and sell it to you at same cost (that is, not being in the business of buying/selling arms... doing a favor is another matter entirely.)

Blessings,
    B

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    I don't know about local, but if you have your C&R, you can get them at SOG or AIM. Mine's not on order yet, but soon. Then I have to save up to get ammo for it. It's cheap, but most of my $$ is going into the tank. :spend: :crying:

You might find someone with a C&R who would order one and sell it to you at same cost (that is, not being in the business of buying/selling arms... doing a favor is another matter entirely.)

Blessings,
    B
    I just received the C&R paperwork and have yet to fill it out (12 hour days at work right now). So if you order them does the cost come out cheaper when you add in the shipping and the C&R license?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I just received the C&R paperwork and have yet to fill it out (12 hour days at work right now). So if you order them does the cost come out cheaper when you add in the shipping and the C&R license?
    Depends how many C&R items you order. The C&R is 30 bucks for three years. Karl quoted me a very reasonable $100 OTD price for a Mosin for comparison's sake, including the shipping and his fee. If I buy it for $70 and shipping is another 15, buying two of them recoups my initial $30.

Additionally, Brownell's, Midway, and some other suppliers give a discount to FFL holders and they're not picky about it being a 01FFL.

If it's still available when mine expires, I'm renewing it, and I have yet to order my first C&R piece. FYI, I found out that Staples can make you a "Bound Book" for about $2.50. I just talked to them yesterday, so I've not done it yet, but the form I made up for it can be double-side copied and the binding will hold 50 sheets or so for that price. If I recall, I can get 3 or 4 entries per page, so that book (300-400 entries) should last me basically forever. If I want to limit it to 10-15 pages (90 entries), binding it will only cost me a buck.

Blessings,
    B

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This thread makes me cringe...Unless I think back to the feel-good story about a guy on TheHighRoad that collected basically a bunch of scrap metal from all of the guys at his local range during a turn-in and funded an all weekend shoot for kids of pretty much all ages and gave away some 10 or so rifles...It made me smile more than a little bit.:)

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Don't insult :gheyhi:gays. I'm not one of them, but I recognize that they're far higher on the evolutionary ladder than Chicago politicians are.

Blessings,
    B

I'll agree that the Daley administration is corrupt, but how can homosexuals climb the so-called "evolutionary ladder" when they can't procreate? ;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'll agree that the Daley administration is corrupt, but how can homosexuals climb the so-called "evolutionary ladder" when they can't procreate? ;)

OK, good point. "evolutionary" was the wrong word, but as of now, I've been up for 24 hrs straight and can't think of a better one. OTOH, even without procreating, they're still higher on that ladder... and every other one I can think of, too. Including moral.

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom