• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Read the "fine print"

Note: Magpul has recently released the Gen 3 M3 Magazine. The magazines listed on this page are Gen 2 PMAGs with the dust covers. The M3 magazines will have a different part number when we receive them.

They are merely pricing them out of stock. Meaning intentionally raising the price so nobody will buy them and they can stock the newer/later/greater model or whatever. It's common practice in businesses actually. Some of my employers' vendors do the same thing with certain components and I know M&A Parts does it too.

Is Ruger replacing the BX-25 magazine with a new model too?

Ruger BX-25 10/22 Magazine .22 LR 25 Round Metal Feed Lips Factory Polymer Black

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Wow this is crazy...

The dumb thing is that it seems some of these retailers are making these rash changes w/o thinking about the future implications it might have on their business. Yeah it's "nice" to fit in with the puplic wishes, but say we make it through to January just to find out that "firearms" in general are still kosher to own. I can imagine that for a lot more buyers than just myself, that I'd prefer to buy from a retailer that stood behind their products (and their intention of selling them).

Kudo's to Dicks/CTD if they hurt their own profits by stunts like this.

Don't worry greed is always king.

If Jan rolls around and guns are kosher CTD will just put guns back up for sale at inflated prices but less than a LGS and like magic it will be money hand over fist once again. Most buyers will continue to get the best deal they can. And fear mongering, even if as stated guns are kosher, will keep prices up and rising.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here I go being the odd-man-out again, but I'm going to reserve judgment. It could be that they really are "reviewing their policies" and want to make sure that their policies are as legally sound as they can make them. Seems like a decent time to do that. If they do not return to selling guns, fine, bash them all you wish, but I'll wait and see.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is pure capitalism. :)

The sense that people will pay more in the (near?) future for this stuff, for a variety of reasons. So, they up the prices NOW, forecasting what they will be worth later.

As for the guns, that's a bit stranger. To me, it would make sense if they inflated the prices, but to completely take them off? It means they may not be able to tell how much more expensive they will be. At some point, there's a break point - how much money will you accept now, as opposed to the speculation as to what it will be worth.

That number must be pretty high for them.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Here I go being the odd-man-out again, but I'm going to reserve judgment. It could be that they really are "reviewing their policies" and want to make sure that their policies are as legally sound as they can make them. Seems like a decent time to do that. If they do not return to selling guns, fine, bash them all you wish, but I'll wait and see.

They have a long and colorful history of sleazy business practices, no judgement reserve needed, this is just another example of how they do business.

I predict that better than 50% of the people who post in this thread saying they will never buy from them again will buy something from them within the next year.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I really haven't bought much of anything from them in the last several years so much to the point where they've pretty much fallen off of my radar. I remember back in the day (over 10 years ago) they really were cheaper than dirt and I bought tons of ammo and everything else from them. Now I just look at what they've become and I feel sorry for what they could have been.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    If you refresh their facebook page they're losing 100 likes every minute, as they should.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Cheaper Than Dirt suspends Gun sales

From their Facebook page:

Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.

Top Bottom