• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Another one of the Walther-style ComBloc service pisols, a la Makarov and PA-63. Solidly built if somewhat crude, with an impossibly hard DA trigger (gotta be a 16-18 pound pull). OK single-action trigger. Good for collection purposes; wouldn't carry it.

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I just started carrying my P-64. The DA pull is very hard (i've heard it lightens up a little bit after a good chunk of rounds, emphasis on "little bit"). I only have 250 rounds through mine. The SA pull, to me, is good. THe pistol is nice and slim but a little on the heavy side for its size. The single stack magazine holds 5+1 rounds. Mine shoots the silver bear hollowpoints a little more accurately than the FMJ's. It feels like a tank and I'm sure its very durable. Wolf Springs sells a kit for it ($15) that cures the hard DA pull. The sites are worthless. I bought mine from JG and it looked unissued. Made in 1971. It is a beautiful gun. The gun was designed by some Polish Army Officers who basically just cloned the Walther PPK. Check the P64 forum for updates on what kind of condition the current JG p64's are in, if you are buying from there. I'm pretty s ure they are at the bottom of the barrel with their current shipment right now. Here is the P-64 board: The Unofficial P-64 Resource Message Board - Home

Here is a pic of my P64:
    P64.jpg

Buy yea the CZ-82 still shoots the 9x18 round along with a doublestack mag that holds I think 10-12 rounds even. You can pick them up in great shape for around $220. P-64's go for 160-180.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Polish Pistol-64 is a tank of a firearm.

Very well built, solid and robust. More accurate than it has a right to be with such crude combat sights and an absolutely HORRENDOUS double-action trigger. When new, It's around a 24# pull. No joke.

Single-action trigger is SMOOTH, with no indication of the impending BANG. Just smooth smooth smooth BANG.

It'll eject the spent casings about 30', too.

I had one for a short time... But that thing was painful to shoot. Not so much because of the recoil, but to the pistol's poor ergonomics in the backstrap area. It can really punish the web of your hand.

I can't remember now what I traded mine in on...

I may very well have one again in the future, I think they're fantastic looking guns. Deep rich bluing still on many of them.

Also, the main spring can be changed out for one meant for a Walther PPK/S that will considerably lighten the double action trigger.

-J-

mrbunky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    clark co
    the p-64 is a great little pistol,kicks some and double action is ruff but very dependable.my friend bought 2 from j&g sales and loves them.check out the unofficial p64 forum

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    As stated above, beautiful. Especially with some Marchall exotic wood grips. DA trigger is best compared to that of a staple gun. Other than that, with a spring kit, the SA trigger is like butter. Sights could be better, but the lil buggers sure are accurrate for what they are. The one I had appeared unissued as well and was a nice piece. All machined steel, deeply blued. They do sting a pinch, but nothing like a snubby .357. I would shoot my .44 mag 4" Redhawk a lot back when I had my P64 and after a few 310 grainers out of the Ruger, the P64 was like a .22 pistol. If it weren't surplus, I bet they would cost quite a pretty penny to produce these days. They obviously have a few undesireable attributes, but for the price, it is a helluva buy.

Top Bottom