• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mace010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    East Central
    What shops do you frequent the most? Where are they located? Any stories of them going above and beyond that you would like to share? Let us know why you prefer to give them your hard earned money!

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    We frequent both Bradis in Camby, and Palinfield shooting supplies in plainfield. Both are excellent place and the staff is always willing to help. No matter how crowded. I always fell I am treated well.

Mace010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    East Central
    That's good to hear, hope to check out a few new shops within the next week. I have not been to many outside of east Central area, and no new ones since ludco got raided. I'm in need of a few new shops.

downrise14

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    NWI
    Debs gun range in Hammond, In. Instructor coarses, on site glock armorer, range, always friendly and make you feel welcome.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Big Daddy's in Hagerstown, very friendly place, knowledgeable staff. No markup frenzy, I actually saw him lower the price on an AR for a customer.
    MacDonald's in Marion, another very friendly GS. Both places have gunsmith services.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    For me the most frequent are Bradis in Camby, and Palinfield shooting supplies in plainfield. I also visit ITP (Indy Trading Post) not only as LGS but as a range frequently. These are the shops I use most of the time. Beech Grove Firearms has been in renovation with a new super range and I have not been out there in a while but I'm betting it's really something now.

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I would have to put Gander Mountain, Dick's and Don's guns up there as my favorite. Excellent pricing and a huge selection. Getting treated like crap makes me feel at home too. :laugh:

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Did not get back into owning guns until 6 months ago, so my experience is limited.

Live 20 miles from Terre Haute and only visited one shop there, Wabash Valley Armory. New shop. Nice selection of hand guns (was not looking a long guns ... could have used more 1911s) with what appeared to be reasonable prices. Was only window shopping so don't know if they would work with you on a deal.

Purchased 1911 from Plainfield Shoooting Supply and game away feeling like I got a good deal. They were very helpful, taking as much time as I needed. Again, would like to have seen a few more 1911s.

Purchased a 92FS from ZX Guns at one of the Indy shows. Again, came away feeling good about that deal. Best price I had seen on that gun, beating most online stores.

Not knowing any better, I purchased my first handgun (M&P22) from Gander. Prices are high (even used guns) but it is a good place to "touch and feel" something you may be interested in.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I would have to put Gander Mountain, Dick's and Don's guns up there as my favorite. Excellent pricing and a huge selection. Getting treated like crap makes me feel at home too. :laugh:

I hear ya, the selection is pretty good under normal circumstances. A good place to do some comparison shopping so when you actually find a keeper you know what to actually purchase at a real gun shop.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    I'll give a shout out to Chris and Clint at C & C Midwest Firearms. They're friendly, eager to help and answer questions, and always willing to order what they don't have in stock. They opened their shop in Clermont last spring and expanded a month or two ago. I've purchased my last three firearms from them.

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    A big +1 to Martin Peters at M&J Firearms in Fortville. It's a new shop and he is working very hard to earn business. I have purchased a few guns from him already and will continue to do business there.

racersden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Evansville
    I have been in most of the gun shops in Evansville area. As far as selection and pricing I continue to shop at Meeks Guns in Ft. Branch.

Glen

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    Plainfield Shooting Supply has always treated me very well and great pricing. I only shoped at another store due to they didn't carry a hight end ar I was wanting a few months ago.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Indy Trading Post +10000000 Although I have not been in there in a long time (sorry Brian:() My health was not the best in 2012 and didnt shoot much:(:( I hope for a better 2013:)

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    The Trading Post in Marion, I bought an old CZ 75; the extractor broke after 200 rounds, Brian, the owner, paid for the new extractor, also gave me a heck of a price on a new Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm.

McGalliard Guns, Muncie. Prices are decent and they will haggle.

Top Bottom