• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I had to go to Old Spaghetti Factory today to get my debit card that I left there and was OCing. I walked in and you should have seen the GenCon attendees. As soon as I walked in, 3 of them looked down and told their party of about 10 who walked out. Then when I went outside to go back to my car, they looked at me and went back in. Idk if it was coincidence or because of the gun, but if it's the latter of the two then if you're spotted you won't have to deal with any lines. :D

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    But how do you CC in this?
    gencon09.jpg

Please be over 18, please be over 18, oh for the love of 1911 be over 18

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Quote:
    Security
    Security is provided by a professional security firm and may include off-duty law enforcement personnel, security guards and Gen Con staff. All security personnel serve to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone. Please show them the respect they deserve. Failure to comply with the directives issued by uniformed security and staff may result in immediate expulsion without refund.
    Costumes & Weapons
    Weapons and items that appear to be weapons are not allowed at Gen Con. Self defense, recreational and utility items such as knifes, tazers, pepper spray, BB guns, cap guns, air-soft weapons, paintball guns, water guns, martial arts weaponry, including wooden practice weapons, etc, are not welcome, even if it is lawful to own and carry them in other public places. Off duty security, law-enforcement and military personnel are not allowed to bring their weapons to Gen Con. Items resembling futuristic weapons, fantasy weapons and non-projectile boffer weapons may be allowed provided they are not handled in a careless, threatening or destructive manner against persons or property.
    Questionable items can be brought to the Information Desk in the convention center during operating hours to be checked for compliance with this policy. Some events may provide exceptions to this policy under strict circumstances defined by that event. Items purchased in the Exhibit Hall that violate this policy must be wrapped and immediately removed from the convention premises.
    20th & 21st century uniforms may not be worn as costumes. These include any uniform that can be construed as a military uniform from any country or a uniform worn in an official capacity, such as security guard, police officer, deputy, fire marshal, paramedic, etc. Active duty military personnel are permitted to wear their government-issued uniforms.
    Gen Con Event Staff or security personnel may inspect any item or costume at any time during the convention. Failure to comply with these policies and/or the instructions of Gen Con Event Staff or security personnel may result in immediate removal from the convention without refund.
    Apparently if you make it look futuristic or claim that it is a fantasy weapon you can OC all day long. :rockwoot:

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I went for the first time. CCd with no problems.

The picture above... one of MANY! All I have to say is WOW, I wish I could get my wife to wear some of that stuff (at home of course).

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I have to laugh because Napoleon Dynamite behind the girl is completely oblivious. This is definitely GenCon.

I haven't been to GC in a few years. Priorities change when you have little ones to drag along. We'll try Family Day next year.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    their rules state no weapons, but a poor enforced, dealers on the floor were selling real knives & swords..
    people wearing all sorts of weapons , and no "fake gun" checking was going on..

not a good idea to try OC in there, because it really is a place where a 5 year old might come up and grap your gun..
    there was an active Humans V zombies game going on during the whole week end.. so someone chasing someone is normal..

if you are found displaying your badge & OCing they can demand the badge back..
    Gen Con is more than just the convention center, events are held at many of the buildings downtown.. & around the city, around the clock during the whole week.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CSC security was very sparse, but at one point, I saw one ESG guard checking a person's bags because they were wearing army attire.

He was the only ESG person I saw the entire time... was odd.

Top Bottom