• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Don't judge me for going, my 3 year old is big into monster trucks.

What's the deal with getting guns/knifes inside to this event?

Don't really feel to good about having to walk around downtown at night and not even be able to protect my family.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I used to work with a guy that also does security there. He says the people that are at the gates that aren't officers aren't very good at their job. Carry a pocket pistol with the least amount of metal and keep an eye out for security that doesn't know how to wand correctly. You'll walk right through. Assuming the event even has wands at all.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No issues with CCW last year. No wands or checks at all. Judging by the t-shirts and hats I saw, that was likely one of the best protected events in Indy.

Not judging you.... We are going to the show up in Fort Wayne next month. My little girl LOVES it. :rockwoot:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Don't judge me for going, my 3 year old is big into monster trucks.

What's the deal with getting guns/knifes inside to this event?

Don't really feel to good about having to walk around downtown at night and not even be able to protect my family.

My son, (age 30), and I love them .....

I have went to a rock crawl, out on E. Wash., at 4 wheel parts .....

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'll be at the pre-show from 2 to 4 with a 10 year old boy scout. Excited to read we can probably carry in. I don't have a proper lock box in my truck and didn't want to leave a gun in it downtown but didn't want to go all afternoon without it. Kind of a wakeup call to get off my butt and get a lock box for just those times.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I thought I heard they are wanding for all events now. I hope it isn't true.

Sure hope not as it is a long walk back to the truck!

I have found loading a backpack and stuffing it in the bottom of the stroller under the blankets and such is perfect but my boy is getting big enough a stroller isn't really needed anymore.

Elflemin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2013
    Greenwood
    Wondering the same. A good friend was there yesterday for their "on the field" day, so to speak. To meet the drivers, get pics, see stuff up close. He said there was no wands, pat downs or anything. Granted this was not the actual MJ event itself, just the day before. I plan on it, if they are patting down looks like i'll have to make a quick trip back to the car.

Elflemin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2013
    Greenwood
    was this all lucas oil events, or NFL events? I know the NFL has ramped up their checking. They won't let off duty cops carry anymore.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Wonder what the chances of them catching a criminal with a gun are then...seems it would be a good thing to have armed citizens

Anyone that carried low (ankle) would be good to go as they never go below knees, even if you dropped a G19 in your boot then put it back in the holster at the first bathroom.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I was there tonight as well. Quick wand in front and in back but not really any major concerns for anyone that would have been carrying deep concealed or even ankle carry.

Of course the two goobers behind me were talking about their buddy that had one of them "All plastic machine guns, that even shoots plastic bullets" that they could easily sneak into a place like that.

We did have a great time at the event...my first one and my young nephews had a blast!

PopFizz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    I took my 2 boys last night, carried my XDm in appendix, knife in right pocket, and streamlight in left. The guy wanding me hit on the light i took it out to show him and that was it. I figured my belt with cobra buckle would set it off but he was wanding too far away.

Boys and I had a great time.

tomray3of4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    United States
    These type of events have become targets for muggings and robberies. Crims know when you are leaving sporting events or similar that you aren't carrying because you "can't" get in with weapons. Another example of trying to look out for our best interests and placing us in more danger.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom