Carrying Handgun License / Drivers License on your Person?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Remember (not for sake of arguing), how many time a day or week are you asked for your ID by someone else other than a police officer. Buying something with a check or using a credit card. I am not trying to argue the fact but you walk into an "Old Navy" store that poor girl behind the counter will vapor lock when she asks you for an I.D.

That would be zero.

I pay in cash and I don't fill out many 4473s anymore.:D

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Your legal beagle is probably remembering this old version of code:

That code has changed and is substantially different now. Among other changes, they removed the requirement to have the license in one's possession:

We stay well ahead of the curve regarding gun legislation around here. ;)

:ingo:

Sir, are you saying there was a lawyer that didn't know the law....OMG!!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    However it is law that you must have the physical LTCH on you, according to the legal beagle.

Good idea? Yes.

The law? No.

Since a photograph could be considered a false representation of a carry license, as could a copy, I would say that it would probably cause you to get arrested and charged until you could provide an actual state issued LTCH.

Well, you may want to consider that a photograph of you or the LTCH is not a false representation of anything. The Indiana LTCH has no photograph. I mean I have to carry photos of me around just to pass out to adoring female LEOs but how could my photo be considered my LTCH?

Carry a copy of your LTCH is cool, as long as you tell the officer that it is a copy and your license is valid. It's the guys that want to put copies on pink paper that give me pause.

I carry a white paper copy of my LTCH in the glove box and my range bag just in case I forget the wallet while driving to the store for milk.

Top Bottom