• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I have a question that kinda applies to this topic. Upon entering a gun show a few years ago I had an off duty LEO, but paid to run security at a gun show asking people if they had loaded guns. Similar thing, they didn't want loaded guns at the gunshow. Is it okay to lie to him? or is that illegal/

Carrying to a gun show in Indiana isn't illegal itself.
    Lying to an officer isn't illegal either, but usually very stupid.

I carried my Glock 26 and actually didn't get asked. Girlfriend distracted them with her dangerous unloaded single stack m&p while I slipped past. :)

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    They do get upset if they find out but as long as you conceal it well, no problem.

Since the place is heavily patrolled I don't worry about it a lot but that's me. :twocents:
    That is how I feel also.
    I was there once when some idiot tried to steal a pistol off of a table and thought no one was looking.
    Unfortunately for him, (if I understand correctly) there were some off duty officers that had a table nearby (selling their wares)
    They saw him do it.
    He didn't get 5 feet.
    Tackled to the ground.
    Led out of the building in cuffs.
    Everyone was clapping.
    It was fun.
    If something went down, there are soooo many there that know what to do that I don't feel bad with my gun ziptied in a holster and my magazine in my pocket.

I do unload outside at the barrel so I can hand the officer an empty gun.
    They like that. :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    They do get upset if they find out but as long as you conceal it well, no problem.

Since the place is heavily patrolled I don't worry about it a lot but that's me. :twocents:

The 1500 is actually one of the few places I am perfectly fine with leaving my loaded gun in my car. There are so many officers on hand that security is taken care of as best they physically can and the crowds are such that my priority is going to be on getting out if something wrong were to happen anyway.

I'm really glad I went this month. I was able to meet up with a few friends, have a good time, and buy ample supplies at prices I have a hard time finding locally. That, and I was able to support the friendly folks over at Bobcat Armament and have an enlightening chat with Alan over at AA Optics.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I choose to not rely on other people for my own security.

This

Officers or anyone else for that matter could care less about my security

Getting out would be the last thing I would do as a stampede WILL happen and they never turn out well. Its going to be emergency exit or find somewhere to fight from.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    The 1500 is actually one of the few places I am perfectly fine with leaving my loaded gun in my car. There are so many officers on hand that security is taken care of as best they physically can and the crowds are such that my priority is going to be on getting out if something wrong were to happen anyway.

I'm really glad I went this month. I was able to meet up with a few friends, have a good time, and buy ample supplies at prices I have a hard time finding locally. That, and I was able to support the friendly folks over at Bobcat Armament and have an enlightening chat with Alan over at AA Optics.

Please DONT leave your guns in your vehicle. There have been many vehicle break ins at the gun show. Happened to a friend of mine. He lost 3 pistols from his SUV. I am a vendor there. It is a bit hit and miss on parking lot security. Inside, it is one of the safest place on the planet.

Top Bottom