• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Do any local police agencies have the new camera systems that scan, recognize and run the plates automatically?

I know Lawrence had it at one time. They went through a Walmart parking lot and I guess hit a mother load of either stolen plates and/or vehicles! Of course this is a Walmart frequented by lower income people, so it isn't that surprising.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Indy317, we live in one of the older Carmel neighborhoods - south of 116th and north of 96th - no stupid covenants or busybody neighbors. Have a neighbor couple of doors down that heats with wood-burning insert in his fireplace. He says that his heating bill in the winter never exceeds $40 a month. He is easy to find, look for the 3 - 4 ricks of wood that he keeps in his backyard. Neatly arranged and not unsightly.

Indy317, we live in an older neighborhood and have very few covenants in our neighborhood. The one's we have are pretty common sense. As far as fires, we have a fire ring and there have been plenty of nights where people have been gathered around the fire well past dark. IMO the worst busybodies are in the newer developments. Some of the stories I hear from friends are unreal.

Thanks for the information. We pretty much know that we likely will have to move into an older neighborhood, which is fine with us. Our current house was built in the 60s. an no covenants in this neighborhood.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Thanks for the information. We pretty much know that we likely will have to move into an older neighborhood, which is fine with us. Our current house was built in the 60s. an no covenants in this neighborhood.

We live near downtown, near the library, the surrounding neighborhood was built in the '70's, no covenants, no HOA. I smell wood fires so someone is burning wood. The older neighbors down the street have a half a rick in their driveway for the bonfire they do on Halloween for the trick or treaters. I have complained about the idiot the next block over who likes to burn his brush pile out of control by the fence. The fire department will come out and tell them to put it or they'll hose it down. As long as you show some respect and common sense, you're likely to receive it in return.

Top Bottom