• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've always enjoyed watching cardinals. I thought it was cool how the male would come up to the feeder and then bring a sunflower seed to his female mate. It's like bird chivalry! This year, we've had what appears to be a female cardinal (from the muted coloration) that has an an unusually prominent crest. I've seen a brightly colored male around too, but he hasn't been up to the feeder.

Tonight, I happened to see the "female" come up to the feeder, get "her" sunflower seed and then fly up into our pin oak and give it to another cardinal with muted colorings (female?).

So, in short, I think I have a lesbian cardinal couple hanging around.

iu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I've always enjoyed watching cardinals. I thought it was cool how the male would come up to the feeder and then bring a sunflower seed to his female mate. It's like bird chivalry! This year, we've had what appears to be a female cardinal (from the muted coloration) that has an an unusually prominent crest. I've seen a brightly colored male around too, but he hasn't been up to the feeder.

Tonight, I happened to see the "female" come up to the feeder, get "her" sunflower seed and then fly up into our pin oak and give it to another cardinal with muted colorings (female?).

So, in short, I think I have a lesbian cardinal couple hanging around.

iu
    brown chicken brown cow....

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Fun facts on cardinals.

No mention of their World Series accomplishments though.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Fun facts on cardinals.

No mention of their World Series accomplishments though.
    Interesting, didn't know that. Today i noticed 2 big cardinals at the feeder an 1 in the sassafras tree. I thought i had some big blue jays till i seen the cardinals. I thought perhaps they big big. Were males, but didn't notice any fights between them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    They do eat blueberries. One started eating some while the gardener was building chicken wire cages to protect them. She threw a curse and a pair of pliers at it.

Top Bottom