• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    About a month ago my fiancee's car was broken into, they went through all her stuff and ended up nabbing $250 in cash ( a gas bill in an envelope ). The neighbor told my fiancee this morning a guy was looking in my truck last night around 3:00 am ( real helpful ).

I have VERY dark tinted windows so it's next to impossible to see in there without a flashlight - why wouldn't the neighbor call the police or say something to the guy? Now I'm determined to catch this guy in the act, I need to invest in some cameras, does anyone else have some solutions to offer? I plan to exchange numbers with said neighbor so he can CALL ME NEXT TIME THIS HAPPENS. I really want to bust this guy..

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Time to go all camo stealth and sit outside all night!

Rambo--41091.jpg

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Why don't you have car alarms installed? I would ask the apartments to keep an eye on things, and maybe they will invest in a permanent monitoring system.

I have a car alarm - the guy never attempted to get in my truck, according to the neighbor he simply 'cased' the truck. Given the fact my fiancee's car was already busted into I'm assuming it could be the same guy.

My fiancee's car really isn't even worth protecting with an alarm, haha.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    About a month ago my fiancee's car was broken into, they went through all her stuff and ended up nabbing $250 in cash ( a gas bill in an envelope ). The neighbor told my fiancee this morning a guy was looking in my truck last night around 3:00 am ( real helpful ).

I have VERY dark tinted windows so it's next to impossible to see in there without a flashlight - why wouldn't the neighbor call the police or say something to the guy? Now I'm determined to catch this guy in the act, I need to invest in some cameras, does anyone else have some solutions to offer? I plan to exchange numbers with said neighbor so he can CALL ME NEXT TIME THIS HAPPENS. I really want to bust this guy..

Do you think that it's random or do you think that they are going to your cars for a reason? I don't know your situation so I don't know if your in a parking lot at an apartment or in a house.

Two break-ins on your cars seems like a lot in a short time. I agree your neighbor should have called the coppers.

I hope you catch the guy. I know I would be doing exactly what you are doing in reasearching a way to catch him. How about a car alarm?

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Do you think that it's random or do you think that they are going to your cars for a reason? I don't know your situation so I don't know if your in a parking lot at an apartment or in a house.

Two break-ins on your cars seems like a lot in a short time. I agree your neighbor should have called the coppers.

I hope you catch the guy. I know I would be doing exactly what you are doing in reasearching a way to catch him. How about a car alarm?

We are in a house in a small strip ( decent neighborhood ) in the middle of a rough area ( Girl School Rd & Morris ). There have been spurts of people's cars being stolen and our neighbor had their door kicked in about a year ago, the purps stole all of their electronics, the home owners came home to a wide open front door.

I think one of the best solutions ( aside from moving ) would be to setup wireless infrared cameras + motion sensor alarm with motion sensor lights.

I'm mostly concerned about the guys getting brazen and deciding to come in the house. I'd LOVE to stop them in their tracks with a nice phone call to 911.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Did you miss the Trayvon Martin thread? A few of those dependable souls have said its too bad if your stuff gets taken, you should have insurance. One cop even said that someone lurking on your property wouldn't even get them to respond. Your neighbor is apparently following INGO advice.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Did you miss the Trayvon Martin thread? A few of those dependable souls have said its too bad if your stuff gets taken, you should have insurance. One cop even said that someone lurking on your property wouldn't even get them to respond. Your neighbor is apparently following INGO advice.

In that case - can I 'opt out' of my taxes, if there is no need to respond when someone is violating my personal property then I guess there is no reason to pay them my cut.

;)

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I saw on TV once were there was someone going to SUV's in parking lots and keying a big "X" on the side of the vehicle. They could not find out who was doing it so 1 guy got an idea. He has a Hummer H2 that he had little bullet cameras installed on the outside mirrors. There is a video of an old guy in his seventies coming up to the truck and scribing the "X" in the doors and walking away.

Well, The cops got him from that video.:rockwoot:

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis

I would say something to you before I called he cops. But I would do it when I saw the guy. For all I know he could be your brother visiting form out of town or something. If I said something to the guy and he told me the same thing how would I know he wasnt lying...at least your neighbors tell you stuff, better then most of mine.

Top Bottom