• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Granger
    I just bought a Taurus m44 6 shot 44mag with a 4" barrel. Went to the local gun shop and can't find a holster that fits. I'm in the Southbend area. I Would like a leather OWB maybe. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 5

cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Granger
    It did fit into a smith and Wesson 500 holster but it seemed the m44 was to wide for it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      707.2 KB · Views: 4

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    As a person who favors Rugers, I feel your pain. Try looking online. I find a few for mine online but if I can't I take the gun to a guy near me in Terre Haute to make one off of the weapon itself. He is pricy though so that is a last resort. Don Hume makes nice leather holsters for near all firearms, old and new. You can try them.

That is the other thing, Taurus makes S&W Knock off so find out which your's is made from and things will be easy then.

cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Granger
    Ok thanks guys. I've been looking online and really trying to stay away from nylon, but that seems to be my only option. If that's the case i would rather have a custom one made.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Check out "SimplyRugged.com". I am a huge fan of their quality holsters.
    Hope they make it right, when he does they are nice indeed. If not, and this is also fairly common, he may fix it but it won't look good and you have to deal with his wife who is a real *****. After fairly long argument with her she will tell you to mail it back, argue a bit longer and she will grudgingly send you a prepaid label. Then when it gets there I am sure she makes him make it look as stupid as possible by nagging. Finally you will have a functional holster that looks like crap to carry on your hip. So much for the Lifetime Guarantee of Quality. IF you get lucky and get him on the phone though it goes pretty smooth. IF as he rarely answers the phone himself. By the time he did last time I had already had the returned holster and he essentially apologized and said I had no further recourse. I have thre holster, two didn't fit right. One the holster was so loose it allowed the revolver to fall out if I bent over and the other just didn't fit no matter how long or hard I tried to stretch it out, Only my first was perfect. I still use it too, Not so often do the others come out unless I'm concealing, then no one can see it.

cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Granger
    Hope they make it right, when he does they are nice indeed. If not, and this is also fairly common, he may fix it but it won't look good and you have to deal with his wife who is a real *****. After fairly long argument with her she will tell you to mail it back, argue a bit longer and she will grudgingly send you a prepaid label. Then when it gets there I am sure she makes him make it look as stupid as possible by nagging. Finally you will have a functional holster that looks like crap to carry on your hip. So much for the Lifetime Guarantee of Quality. IF you get lucky and get him on the phone though it goes pretty smooth. IF as he rarely answers the phone himself. By the time he did last time I had already had the returned holster and he essentially apologized and said I had no further recourse. I have thre holster, two didn't fit right. One the holster was so loose it allowed the revolver to fall out if I bent over and the other just didn't fit no matter how long or hard I tried to stretch it out, Only my first was perfect. I still use it too, Not so often do the others come out unless I'm concealing, then no one can see it.

You out know what they say about marketing. Negative marketing can ruin a business. I won't be ordering from them

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Are those going to work? They show semi autos in the pics. I clicked on revolver and it shows the same. I don't want to order then have to deal with sending back.

They are custom made for whatever model you have. They probably cannot afford to make every possible model for every possible gun just to take pictures.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    All I jnow is how things went for me with Simply Rugged. I talked them up myself when I got the first one. Next time I thought I caught her on a bad day and felt like I would try again because we all have those. The third holster turned me off completely. It also pissed me off enough to make me try to stop them from gaining new business as much as possible. I really wanted them to be good too as I favor pancake holsters over the others because they have been the best for me to use openly and concealed. :(

Craft Holsters though I have yet to have a bad experience with and I have two of thiers so far.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    For custom stuff, I tend to use Rudy at Black Hills Leather: https://blackhillsleather.com/

Rudy's does beautiful work, and 'goes the extra mile' to satisfy customers, JMO. I have no problem at all recommending BHL.

And yes, I'll NOT be ordering from Simply Rugged, if that's the way they treat customers. Thanks for the tip / review. :yesway:

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    The Amish at Judson just north east of Rockville will make you anything you want. Take a trip, take some pics of what you want and plan on leaving your gun. They do a good job. And you talk to the guy doing the work.

Top Bottom