• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My sister in law posted on her Facebook that today was my mother in laws birthday. She posted her phone number and told people to call her and wish her a happy birthday. Apparently one of her Facebook friends tought 5am was the appropriate time to do so.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I would like to nuke something /place else first.

*I play on FB and INGO at my second job for about 4 hours a day and they are ok with it :)

I use FB much like I do INGO and everyone that is my friend on FB I know in real life. I also have as many settings as possible set so only they are myself can see.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think Facebook is the problem here.

No, but it's a perfect vehicle for people like my sil. We've told her multiple times that she better not post anything about us. I'm tempted to get an account to see what she is posting about us. My wife has had people ask her who her sister was because she tried friending them. If your her friend, she will try friending all of your friends.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So nuke your SIL from orbit.

Not one person ever has posted my phone number on FB.

Trust me. At times, I'd love to. It sucks that no matter how careful one may be with their info on the net, you may never know what others are posting about you.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Trust me. At times, I'd love to. It sucks that no matter how careful one may be with their info on the net, you may never know what others are posting about you.

I hear you, but honestly I don't try to be "too careful."

No one knows my credit info, but a good number of people here have my name and # and even more on FB know it (well, they ALL know my name, but a good portion have my address and phone # as well). That's just something I'm not all that worried about.

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    dont you just love that alot of people on facebook have thousands of friends but only actually know about 5% of them. But yeah she should get a taste of her own medicine. lol

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A very warped idea of the definition of friend.

She used to relay stuff to us all the time that she read on others facebook pages. She kept sending us links and we couldn't open them because we don't have an account. We told her to quit sending us that crap because we couldn't see them so she started sending us the text. I finally blocked the word Facebook in our email account so we'd quit getting the crap.

You can post things that only your friends can see but how do you know they're not giving others that information?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You can post things that only your friends can see but how do you know they're not giving others that information?

I'm racking my brain trying to think of something I've ever posted for my ~500 FB friends to see that I would care if they shared it with the "outside" world and I'm drawing a blank.

If there is something intimate I need to tell one of my friends, that's what phone, face-to-face or even private message on FB is for.

Wall posts are to share pictures and funny stories IMO.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    She used to relay stuff to us all the time that she read on others facebook pages. She kept sending us links and we couldn't open them because we don't have an account. We told her to quit sending us that crap because we couldn't see them so she started sending us the text. I finally blocked the word Facebook in our email account so we'd quit getting the crap.

On FB you can "unfriend" someone that ticks you off. That same action can take place in real life too. Maybe you need to try that with the SIL.:twocents:

Top Bottom