• Can the Republic be saved?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I heard a funny quote last night that I want to share, but I don't know exactly where to place my post. This location seemed appropriate at the time. I am unsure as to whom I attribute this quote. Author unknown.

The Democrats burn the flag and hide behind the Constitution. The Republicans burn the Constitution and hide behind the flag.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I heard a funny quote last night that I want to share, but I don't know exactly where to place my post. This location seemed appropriate at the time. I am unsure as to whom I attribute this quote. Author unknown.

The Democrats burn the flag and hide behind the Constitution. The Republicans burn the Constitution and hide behind the flag.

Not the republicans I know. Who are you running with, sounds a bit off but you may have your opinions as we all have.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Of course it can exist... though it may be raped on a daily basis.

What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE

Liberty and the tumor we have in Gov. can not co-exist as the feds are sucking the life out of us through regulation.
    If they can not outlaw it they regulate it through some agency generating income through fines and fee's. Open up your eyes and look around. Gov. is in every aspect of our lives. They want more, hell they want it all.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Of course it can exist... though it may be raped on a daily basis.

What are your thoughts?

Big government is the enemy of Liberty. "Tyranny intently exercised for the good of its victims" (CS Lewis) is a torment that people have tolerated for so long I fear they don't understand that government and society are not the same thing and have gown accustomed to sucking at the teet of 'free' stuff.

Couple that with an education system that teaches nothing about out history (at best) to teaching (like recently in Chicago) that the NRA wants to do racist things that it has no intention or desire to actually do.

Teach the kids sex or history? Hmmmm....I wonder which. Compare this to what school children were expected to know in the late 19th century:
    Could you pass this 8th grade exam from 1895?

I fear for the future of the country I thought I grew up in, and yet I compare the news outlets now compared to the complete propaganda that was spewed back then (three controlled networks and one hour of news per night) and I think we still have hope. Perhaps the truth really can still get out to "we the people" and a response will be made.

It took one hundred years to get us to this point, it will take a concerted effort by the people who actually do the working in this country to right the ship.

:twocents:

Top Bottom