• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    Watch the cihprs.org website, I shoot at all of the matches on the .mil side I can, it is a great range. We generally shoot 200, 300, and 500 yards for xtc matches. We shoot out to 600 xtc when we can get range 6. The long range guys shoot 800, 900 and 1000. The rumor is soon we will be using range 3, it goes back 1500+ yards.

If anyone wants to get into shooting highpower, when you sign in ask where Rainwater is, I'd be glad to share equipment with you and show you what I know(won't take long)

I'll be going out there this sunday...Im kinda new and only have a 9mm and a 12g...but i want to get a long range gun, just never shot one or dont have a clue what to buy...You gunna be there sun?

300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    A good place to shoot. Just obey the posted rules and the rules you read when you sign in. Come on down and judge for yourself about the range. Some people can't seem to obey the rules or comprehend them. Glad these folks found another place to shoot.

ill be there sunday...

Last edited:

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Just a recap,

There are two Aterbury ranges,

the one on the north side of the road is a public range anyone can use.

The one on the south side of the road is on an active military base, check the cihprs.org website for details on how to get on base.

If anyone wants to come shoot a match or just check one out PM me and I'll help you get started.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The Camp Atterbury ranges are only open for Miltary and civilian Law Enforcement training and qualification. Central Indiana High Power Rifle Shooters Club and the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association conducts matches on KD5 and sometimes KD6. The dates for these matches are approved by range control and the post commander. The dates caan be cancelled because of military training requirements. It doesn't happen often.

The ranges are not open for "casual" shooting. You cannot even get on post for a match unless you are on the list at the gate.

I think the other responses are for the DNR range off post and to the north of Camp Atterbury.
    CIHPRS Home

Indiana State Rifle And Pistol Association - Home

This my recap.....

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Watch the cihprs.org website, I shoot at all of the matches on the .mil side I can, it is a great range. We generally shoot 200, 300, and 500 yards for xtc matches. We shoot out to 600 xtc when we can get range 6. The long range guys shoot 800, 900 and 1000. The rumor is soon we will be using range 3, it goes back 1500+ yards.

If anyone wants to get into shooting highpower, when you sign in ask where Rainwater is, I'd be glad to share equipment with you and show you what I know(won't take long)

Please instruct me, grasshopper:D

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Please instruct me, grasshopper:D

LOL.... That is funny..

Are you shooting the Nationals? I'll be shooting the Leg match, Rumbold, and NRA week. I'm going to ride the Harley up this Sunday for post locator form, etc and to get Service Rifle trigger weighed and squadding.

I hope to get squadded with the big boys during NRA week. It's tough to walk far with my bad knees. I'm going to shoot my 6mm AR match rifle and I hope I can shoot up to it.

I hope to see you sometime that week.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    LOL.... That is funny..

Are you shooting the Nationals? I'll be shooting the Leg match, Rumbold, and NRA week. I'm going to ride the Harley up this Sunday for post locator form, etc and to get Service Rifle trigger weighed and squadding.

I hope to get squadded with the big boys during NRA week. It's tough to walk far with my bad knees. I'm going to shoot my 6mm AR match rifle and I hope I can shoot up to it.

I hope to see you sometime that week.
    Ireland and I will be at Perry on the 7th and leave after the Palma.

Contact Mogley about shooting the Rumbold team match. Fun match and good for getting zeroes.

Top Bottom