• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    After looking at some of the advice, I have a hammock on the way from REI. But some of you guys misunderstand what my pack is. I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster for the local BSA troop. when i go camping i have to show youngins how to do things, unfortunately while i hate to admit this, the liberal parents in this country have made the boy scouts really dumb down the term "Roughing It". Thus much of the time, i must be over prepaired, if such a thing is possible. the reason I have to over prepare is because the hippy parents frown on me yelling at there children for being under prepared. And much as I would rather send the under prepared scouts home(and believe me I would), the boys would learn very little sitting at home playing video games. I would love to take the scouts out on every campout and have them all make there own shelters, but almost all state property forbids that. and worse yet, parents would yell at me if i only let there kids sleep under a tarp. That is what High Adventure camping trips are for, and thats when i get to tell the parents how things go and if they don't like it there kids don't have to come.

Also i never carry all those knives at the same time, those are just some of my choices when packing. One large blade, and one multitool. I do love that hatchet and saw though, saves all kinds of time. The huge sleeping bag, thats my winter bag. my spring, summer, and fall bag is much smaller.

Thanks all for the advice.

AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh. I completely understood, as soon as you said LIBERALS!!! Carry on Brother. good luck dealing with the libtards!! You're more of a man than me.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    After looking at some of the advice, I have a hammock on the way from REI. But some of you guys misunderstand what my pack is. I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster for the local BSA troop. when i go camping i have to show youngins how to do things, unfortunately while i hate to admit this, the liberal parents in this country have made the boy scouts really dumb down the term "Roughing It". Thus much of the time, i must be over prepaired, if such a thing is possible. the reason I have to over prepare is because the hippy parents frown on me yelling at there children for being under prepared. And much as I would rather send the under prepared scouts home(and believe me I would), the boys would learn very little sitting at home playing video games. I would love to take the scouts out on every campout and have them all make there own shelters, but almost all state property forbids that. and worse yet, parents would yell at me if i only let there kids sleep under a tarp. That is what High Adventure camping trips are for, and thats when i get to tell the parents how things go and if they don't like it there kids don't have to come.

Also i never carry all those knives at the same time, those are just some of my choices when packing. One large blade, and one multitool. I do love that hatchet and saw though, saves all kinds of time. The huge sleeping bag, thats my winter bag. my spring, summer, and fall bag is much smaller.

Thanks all for the advice.

I did hear on the news there is now a badge for playing video games!! :D

Glad to see you out there trying to show the next generation how to survive.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    +1 for the Eagles Nest hammock and rain poncho combo. The hammock works great and keeps the creepy crawlies off you from the ground. The poncho can be used to keep you warm and dry. Especially with the weather being as warm as it is, hammocks should be considered. Also +1 for mentoring scouts to be able to adapt and not babying them.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    don't even get me started about how liberal Boy Scouts has gotten. Back when i was a scout, kids joined scouts to learn to be better than average, and to learn skills, and then pit those skills up against life. Now, well, it feels like Boy Scouts is a celebration of being average. Heaven forbid I tell the scouts that doing an Acceptable job is not good enough and that Excellence is what will get them invited into Order of the Arrow. Then parents jump my arse for telling there sons they have not done good enough. Heaven forbid the parents actually get involved in there childrens lives. And then the parents ask me why there son can't start a fire in under an hour without using a lighter. Those libtards don't understand that there are things that take practice, and if they only try to do things on campouts its gonna take them forever to learn/remember how to do things. I had a parent a month or so ago, tell me they didn't want to troop going on Council event campouts cause when her son sees how well other troops do things, it makes him feel bad. I HATE LIBTARDS, this next generation of kids scare me, they really do. I try my best to help them, but they want to be the best without wanting to put in the time and effort .

Oh venting is fun.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    sadclown i agree completely. the next generation all wants something for nothing and their liberal parents cause it by saying everyone is a winner and blah blah blah. competition is what makes kids strive to be better and they want to take that away. but at the same time this is just what big government wants, a generation of americans who will give up their constitutional rights and god given rights to accept a worthless check and some food stamps every month. they see their parents sitting on the duffs all day long doing nothing and somehow getting paid to do and they figure wow thats much easier than working for something. and this no kid left behind bs. damn it if you can't keep up with the learning you need to get left behind so that kids who put forth the effort can get better education. i mean our education system is already one of the worst in the world things to all the bs.

anyways i digress i digress. good luck with the kids and teach them how you want and if the liberal cry baby parents want to complain tell em to take their kid to the girl scouts lol

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Good thing about living in the middle of nowhere,walk out the back door and your in your BOL.Worst part are the turkey and deer ticks.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    just added a Ruger P95 to my pack. and cut about 4 pounds by using ziplock bags unstead of plastic boxes, and getting rid of some secondary items. Will post pics as soon as the holster arrives.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom