• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Sure, now they only have to worry about the highly trained, well screened career criminal with lengthy records that they have no room to jail....carrying concealed though, so no worries. Out of sight is out of mind right?
    I feel better for California already. :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Let's make a bet with California - (obviously this is a joke, as our rights aren't something to bet/trade like baseball cards, regardless of how CA treats them)

If there are zero gun-related cases of death or violence in California for the next year, we'll say they're right!

Because this ban means, of course, that no more bad guys will obtain guns.

Sure. I bet they make it til 00:05 01/01/2012 before one or both of those things happen.

Blessings,
    Bill

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    This is why we Hoosiers shouldn't open carry. It might get banned, like in California. When no one there open carried, it didn't bother anyone.... or so goes the logic from some INGO members.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    This is why we Hoosiers shouldn't open carry. It might get banned, like in California. When no one there open carried, it didn't bother anyone.... or so goes the logic from some INGO members.

Now you understand why CCW badges came to exist... to eliminate that 'fear' factor.

No joke.

I'm not saying they're right or wrong or that some people won't abuse it... but I do understand from being an Open Carrier myself, that some people get in a twist when they see a gun that doesn't have a badge next to it.

If your a 'proper person' you'll set them straight, and that's all that needs to be said about it.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Ive read a few of the news articles about this. Some of the quotes are shockingly stupid.

Way to go CA, you just made the sheep feel better, but told the wolves the sheep are now unarmed and feel free to do whatever you want to them!

More guns=less crime!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While that's true, and I also have zero interest in ever going to California or Illinois - think of the people there that are on your side. There are people living in CA and IL that WANT to carry guns, and have the right to protect themselves. They're stuck. It's not easy to just pick up and move.

We have it great here in Indiana. They don't. They're being made out to be bad people because they want the option of protecting themselves and their family. It's a real crap-chute for the "good" ones that live in CA and IL.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Finally. This should stop all of that gang violence. Now those young boys will just have to fight it out like the sharks and the jets. With music.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    The UOC ban is actually a good thing.

Case law(Heller) states that Americans have a right to carry for self defense, the state had the excuse that UOC fulfilled that right, now they don't, this means thay shall issue CCW or LOC are a quick court case away.

Long Gun registration was just recently deemed unconstitutional in DC, again just a quick court case will undo this one well before it takes effect.
    If the ban on open carry stays and they reject CCW applications then you have more then enough ground for a lawsuit for violating your constitutional rights. To avoid lawsuits, the counties better go shall issue. Hopefullt it will happen. CGF doesn't mess around when it comes to the 2nd.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i read the article and many of the comments...not a single person agreed with or thought the law was in any way a good idea...i dont understand why the govt makes laws that NOONE agrees with...what the hell, kinda strange

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    "California families will now be able to take their families to the park or out to eat without the worry of getting shot by some untrained, unscreened, self-appointed vigilante."

:facepalm:

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Gov. Brown caps a month of bill signings, vetoes - latimes.com

I absolutely love this moronic quote:

"This finally puts an end to the dangerous and intimidating practice of carrying openly displayed guns in public," said Brian Malte, director of state legislation for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "California families will now be able to take their families to the park or out to eat without the worry of getting shot by some untrained, unscreened, self-appointed vigilante."

So.... I know you couldn't conceal... and now you can't OC... Can you carry at all in CA?

"By prohibiting the open carry of guns, we can now take our families to the park or out to eat without the worry of getting shot by some untrained, unscreened, self-appointed vigilante," Dallas Stout, president of the California chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said in a statement.

You can still CC with a permit. How does this protect you from getting shot? When they open carried, the gun had to be UNLOADED, now they can only CC and CC loaded. Some people are just STUPID!!!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    "By prohibiting the open carry of guns, we can now take our families to the park or out to eat without the worry of getting shot by some untrained, unscreened, self-appointed vigilante," Dallas Stout, president of the California chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said in a statement.

You can still CC with a permit. How does this protect you from getting shot? When they open carried, the gun had to be UNLOADED, now they can only CC and CC loaded. Some people are just STUPID!!!
    In the majority of CA it is impossible to get a permit. Only 1 or 2 counties even bother issuing them. No-one in San Francisco County or Alameda could get one. Top cops just won't issue them. Now it will heat up in the courts, via Gura's case.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Does this really surprise anyone? Cali has been anti-gun for so long that the citizens freak out at the mere mention of it. At least in the urban areas and that seem to be where the political power is concentrated. There is just not enough support in the State for the pro-OCers. They got their message across for the few pro-OCers in the area but in the end it caused more grief than it helped. For decades, Cali has had some of the strictest gun laws in the Country. I don't see anyone getting that changed, they have not so far after all this time, this won't change that I am afraid.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The Kalifornia OCers were standing on the last little ridiculous shred of a right to carry that hadn't been completely denied.

Now that they have no other option available, it removes any possible argument revolving around the meaning of the word "infringed".

This will make it easier to force a 2A issue there.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    California, You have FAILED Epically. i will never cross into your state lines again.. Just like Illinois and Ohio. IMO i would rather drive 300-400 miles out of my way to avoid the states that dont honor The Constitution.

Well if you're driving THROUGH California to get somewhere, you're doing it wrong in the first place.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom