• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Im gonna go up there today for something anyway. I hope she is there so I can see what the rest of you are talkin about.

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    Even though Cabelas is a sports store that sells firearms and such I have found that they are not always firearm friendly and often the cashiers are untrained on gun and ammo laws. They refused to sell my brother long gun ammo because he was only 18. The cashier said he had to be 21 to buy any ammo that wasn't "shotgun ammo." When my brother said he was wrong the cashier asked the other cashier the rule and he replied, "Oh I don't know man...I think your right it's 21 for everything." I guess they can sell him the rifle, but not the ammo...

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Yeah I went in there and spent too much money and all I saw was a younger brunette who has one kid. She was cute though.

Is that the one you guys speak of?

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Yeah, Cabelas is not in favor of OC. However, they do have a sign out front saying to check all guns for service or appraisal at Customer service. Then, the sign says "this does not apply to CC permit holders." I would be okay with CCing only if they had a sign that said, If you are carrying a weapons, please CC, we don't want to scare the sheep from Illinois. Then, I might be alright with it.

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    they have a new sign in the front that says something to the effect of " all guns must be checked.... Firearms legally carried in a concealed or open carry manner do not have to be checked in, unless removed from holster or other carrying mechanism."
    I have a picture of it on my phone if someone wants me to text them they can post it up.

I open carry there frequently and have never had an issue, I actually find the people there to be friendly and more well informed than any of the other outdoor stores in the area.

rycollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2010
    Baah!
    Yeah, Cabelas is not in favor of OC. However, they do have a sign out front saying to check all guns for service or appraisal at Customer service. Then, the sign says "this does not apply to CC permit holders." I would be okay with CCing only if they had a sign that said, If you are carrying a weapons, please CC, we don't want to scare the sheep from Illinois. Then, I might be alright with it.

Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    I was coming back from chicago, and my coworker called and asked me to hit Cabelas. They were having a sale on 00 buck. Then two more coworkers called and they wanted some too. So I go in, find the shells and dump them all into a basket. I get to the checkout and find out I have 9 and 12 pellet boxes of shells. So the cashier has to wand every box. This takes a few minutes.

This guy walks up while this is going on and sees about 50 boxes of shells and asks
    "Huntin Turkey?" he says with a vacant silly grin. He was dressed well.
    I replied "No, I don't think you can legally hunt anything in Indiana with 00 buck."(Understand I don't know that for sure, and dont care, I just didnt want to strike up a conversation)
    He looks at me with the same vacant silly grin and says "Huntin Turkey?"
    I look him right in the eye and say, "No, for emergencies. Home defense."
    He looks at me with the same grin, terror flashes in his eyes and he says "Heh Heh"
    and he bolts for another checkout isle.
    I laughed for the next hour.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It would be really funny if she posted here. In fact, I might make it my quest to invite her here to embarrass you guys. :D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    tv1217 consider it done, I host her website... it's not up yet...

I don't know who the op originally had the conversation with but I don't believe it was Council women Poland as from my conversations with her she is 100% Pro-gun, pro-carry, pro firearm ownership... and I think she is the only republican on the Hammond City council... She is definitely a american firearms owners best friend. I don't normally play politics but Kim Poland and Mark Leyva are solid people and therefore I give time to good people in this political mishap we have in this country...

That comes from the heart....

My .02 cents worth...

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    It would be really funny if she posted here. In fact, I might make it my quest to invite her here to embarrass you guys. :D

Wont embarass me but it would make it easier to see if thats the one I saw, and maybe to ask her out if she is as hot as you guys made her out to be. lmao

Top Bottom