• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Has anyone applied for a C&R license lately? If so what was the Turnaround Time?
    I had one when I lived in Illinois and let it expire when I moved to Indiana. So I thought it's time to reapply:dunno: So I did.

Thanks

Last edited:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    I seems to vary. I think they (ATF) do the issuing in batches. I have heard from 12 weeks to 3 weeks. From what I have heard just getting the application is the biggest challenge right now.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I the form you initially fill out the same form to reapply? Bill, if so, I believe I have a few spare forms that I can send you.

Once I get off of work I will check, that is if they are the correct form you need.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    It took me 6 or 7 weeks to get the forms. After about a month I did reapply...so maybe I have another set coming in.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I the form you initially fill out the same form to reapply? Bill, if so, I believe I have a few spare forms that I can send you.

Once I get off of work I will check, that is if they are the correct form you need.

I think so, Chris. Form 7CR. I just ordered more, along with fingerprint cards. Since I have to have those, too, unless you have them, I think I'll have to wait.

Thanks anyway, though!

Bill

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I think so, Chris. Form 7CR. I just ordered more, along with fingerprint cards. Since I have to have those, too, unless you have them, I think I'll have to wait.

Thanks anyway, though!

Bill

UNLESS they have changed the application since I got mine in April of this year the fingerprint card is NOT needed for a C&R license. All I needed to do was fill out the two forms. One for my CLEO and one for the BATFE and the payment info for the BATFE and I was good to go.

Greg

koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    I sent in the paperwork for mine on June 1st... It was approved and I had the license in hand 2 weeks, 5 days later.... but getting the forms themselves took 2-3 months from the time I requested them.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Thanks guys

Thanks for the information. At least it should be faster than the LTCH. I figured they might be swamped with applications and it might take months.:ugh: Even a month is good news.

Top Bottom