• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My dad read an article in the Hendricks County Flyer about a new gun store that has opened in Clermont, it is called C&C Midwest Firearms (I'll refer to them as C&C from here forward). Today my dad and I decided to spend some time together and check it out...here's what I saw:

The store is located on the western edge of Clermont, on US136 just East of Raceway road. On the South side of US136 there is a small retail strip, C&C is located in the third retail suite.

My first impression was positive, the showroom is not terribly large, but there is plenty of room to move around and browse. The selection was admittedly rather small, but the shop is brand-new so I expect that to change in the coming weeks. There are 3 or 4 showcases stocked with an assortment of handguns and (a few) accessories. I saw a Bersa, some DiamondBacks, Taurus', Glocks, S&W's...and some Springfields (more on that later). They had a few rifles in racks along the wall behind the counter. They had a Ruger 10/22 Takedown there, and that was pretty cool as I had not seen one before today. They had one of the all-metal Colt .22LR AR15s...also the first time I've seen one of those (very cool).

There were a couple of other customers and a uniformed Clermont policeman there when we came in, engaged in the usual gun store chatter. There were two men behind the counter, I got the feeling that one of them was the owner but I did not get names...sorry. They were both very attentive to all the customers, including Dad and me. Like I said before, I checked out the AR15(.22), the Ruger Takedown, and an S&W M&P 9mm, while dad was checking out another gun I'd never seen before (#3 on this trip, if you are keeping count). He was looking at the Springfield XD9 Sub-Compact.

The Springfield is a really neat piece of kit, it comes with all the usual Springfield accessories (Holster, mag pouch, magazine loading tool), plus two different-style magazines. One of the magazines sits flush with the grip, and gives the pistol a pretty typical 'sub-compact' feel (my pinky hangs out with no real support or purpose). The second magazine acts as a grip extension, and makes the pistol lose almost all of its 'sub-compact' feel, it fits my hand as well as my 1911 or Sig226.

The price was right, and Dad bought it!

The men behind the counter were quick running the paperwork and payment, and very appreciative of the sale. I was duly impressed, and I will be back.

Anyway, if you guys happen to find yourself on the west side of Indy I really recommend that you check out this shop.

-Paul

indymps6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Good write up. I go past there everyday on my way from Brownsburg to downtown Indy. I've been wondering what the place was like but just haven't had the right time to stop in yet.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    I was in there about a month or so ago. Nice place. They are a part of davidson inc gallerofguns.com which is a huge supplier and you can order anything off of the site and it will come there.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    A friend at work had stopped by there and was duly impressed as well. He quoted me the price they had on the xd and I agree, it is very good. May have to go trade in my trusty ruger for this package....

Vaquero11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indy
    I went there several times when they first opened. Very friendly staff and reasonable prices. I bought 3 guns from them in a very short period of time. However, after the panic set in their prices shot through the roof. They are asking 23% over suggested retail price on M&P's whereas before all of this craziness they were below SRP. I'll stop short of calling it gouging but unless they come to their senses, they won't be selling me anything in the near future.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I went there several times when they first opened. Very friendly staff and reasonable prices. I bought 3 guns from them in a very short period of time. However, after the panic set in their prices shot through the roof. They are asking 23% over suggested retail price on M&P's whereas before all of this craziness they were below SRP. I'll stop short of calling it gouging but unless they come to their senses, they won't be selling me anything in the near future.
    +1

Top Bottom