• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    As long as people are buying off gunbroker/armslist at those inflated prices then you are going to see people buying it up and re-selling it. Let them keep buying it up and make them sit on it, not buying it from them will drive their price down.
    Agreed! They can't sell at those prices if people are not buying.

GBolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Hopefully its a sign of better things ahead. Not seeing much around home, but I happened to browse the Sporting Goods section of a Walmart in Ohio while visiting the in-laws and discovered .22LR on the shelf. It was Remington hollow points, not exactly what I'd hoped for, but it was nice seeing something other than shotgun shells on the shelf again. The shelves definitely weren't full but I did see some .38 Special, .40 auto, and a couple different flavors of .45 as well.

mdm2272

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    North Central Indiana
    Hopefully its a sign of better things ahead. Not seeing much around home, but I happened to browse the Sporting Goods section of a Walmart in Ohio while visiting the in-laws and discovered .22LR on the shelf. It was Remington hollow points, not exactly what I'd hoped for, but it was nice seeing something other than shotgun shells on the shelf again. The shelves definitely weren't full but I did see some .38 Special, .40 auto, and a couple different flavors of .45 as well.

I think it's because everyone is starting to put a box limit on everything. So those guys that were going in there and buying everything up can't do that anymore. It's probably not that enticing to them to stand in line for only 3 boxes.

np241or

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    I think this "game" has become an adrenaline rush when people get new stuff, the feeling when the hunt is over and that box of 9mm is in your hands and not someone elses . When your in traffic and you dont let anybody in ahead of you. Maybe its become more than just getting a box or two of ammo to go shooting with. Just a thought, :patriot:

GBolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    I think it's because everyone is starting to put a box limit on everything. So those guys that were going in there and buying everything up can't do that anymore. It's probably not that enticing to them to stand in line for only 3 boxes.

This store had 2 signs up on the case, one stating a 3 box limit, the other notifying that no ammo would be sold before 7am and after 9pm.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I haven't bought any ammo 'regularly' since this nonsense started. An occasional box of 9mm or 38 Special. Just picked up some Underwood 10mm on a lark; found some on their website at near normal prices. I'll just wait the lunacy out and read more books.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the southern United States. It is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks), and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).

Did you read the thread? Nobody called anybody a redneck.

Anyway, I grew up in Martinsville. Most of us don't take offense to being called a redneck.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Like Wal-Mart Whack a Mole, I stop by one, shelves empty, I stop by another, again empty shelves, I have the day off or dont stop on any given day and sure enough some one posts about all the ammo they found at store such and such.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've only replaced what I've shot. Normally I buy in bulk, 1,000 rounds at a time, from online sources. Right now that's more expensive than buying retail at the LGS, and I've found two shops that cut me a break on ammo prices, making it even more competitive.

I could go in and buy the whole stock, but I'll stick to just buying and reloading enough to replace what I shoot each month. I could probably go 2.5 years without having to buy anything at all, truthfully, but I get itchy when I see air where a box of ammo could fit...

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I think this "game" has become an adrenaline rush when people get new stuff, the feeling when the hunt is over and that box of 9mm is in your hands and not someone elses . When your in traffic and you dont let anybody in ahead of you. Maybe its become more than just getting a box or two of ammo to go shooting with. Just a thought, :patriot:
    I can see people thinking like that.:rolleyes:

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I bought 5 boxes of independence brand 556 Saturday for 10$ a box.
    I also picked up a pound of 4350 and a box of 100 65 Gr amax 243 bullets.
    The ammo shortage is over, you just need to know where to look to find it.
    People should reconsider their carry caliber choice based on ammo availability. A glock 19 with a empty mag is worthless, a glock 23 with a full mag is way better. The gun store I was at saturday had lots of 40 ammo in stock I didnt buy any because I have plenty.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have spent more money on gas chasing ammo than I have buying ammo i am going to shoot what I have then throw rocks

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    I haven‘t shot in a long time because of this quote shortage. I keep on hand a minimum that i don‘t dip into. So
    Not being able to go buy what i want to shoot is keeping me from shooting. This will directly contribute to me upping my minimum ASAP. Making a hoarder out of me but i will not be caught with my pants down again. Lesson learned!

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I still buy, but only when I can find what I feel is a good deal, and that isn't 223 Rem at $1 per round. Same thing with reloading supplies. If it isn't a good deal, I let it go.

I just picked up a SIG 716 at the last 1500, and wanted to pick up a few more PMAG's to go with it. Guys were selling them for $45 each (for a $20 magazine), and wouldn't come off their prices, so I let them keep them. Maybe they will be more reasonable at the next show, but if not, I'll just bide my time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom