• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

100% useless. It's like calling ISP to report somebody going 71mph on the interstate.

Even the law enforcement line is useless, learned that early in my career. You get some customer service rep, not a law enforcement officer of any sort. I got told "how do you know he's illegal, you're playing a dangerous game, officer" when I called about a guy who had some reasonably good forged documents. He was much more concerned I had detained the guy for forgery under state code then hearing about how someone was cranking out decent copies of Permanent Resident Alien cards. That was probably 2009-ish, so this isn't new.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    100% useless. It's like calling ISP to report somebody going 71mph on the interstate.

Even the law enforcement line is useless, learned that early in my career. You get some customer service rep, not a law enforcement officer of any sort. I got told "how do you know he's illegal, you're playing a dangerous game, officer" when I called about a guy who had some reasonably good forged documents. He was much more concerned I had detained the guy for forgery under state code then hearing about how someone was cranking out decent copies of Permanent Resident Alien cards. That was probably 2009-ish, so this isn't new.
    My brother rather recently tried to report someone abusing his disability and working for cash (under the table). The system doesn’t care.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    My brother rather recently tried to report someone abusing his disability and working for cash (under the table). The system doesn’t care.
    In the same vain, a few years ago I saw a roadside billboard with an advertisement telling people to check and see if they qualify for Medicaid and food stamps. State agencies advertising for self preservation. I had a high school friend that worked there at the time and she said upper management was requiring more clients per agent and the billboard was a way to get them in the door and signed up Rather than laying off agents to meet the proper numbers.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This is El Paso County in Colorado, not City of El Paso in Texas. ColoradoSprings is the major city.

ETA: OK I guess you got to go to YouTube to watch it. CliffsNotes are that the county commissioners of El Paso county of Colorado are stating that it is not a “sanctuary,“ they will not be aided, and illegals should go somewhere else.

Salvation Army is undermining this.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

The system is overwhelmed, and by design, and for decades. In some ways, it's no different than Amazon allowing return fraud and sellers with counterfeit goods. It's cheaper to pay out the fraud than fix the fraud.

Specific to immigration, it's why I've repeated argued the only way to fix it is to make serious criminal penalties for anyone employing or otherwise providing financial assistance to illegals. Combine with civil forfeiture of literally everything they have in the US, as it's all the fruit of the original illegal act. Give a grace period, you have 6 months to declare yourself, sell or otherwise dispose of your assets, and go home. After that, if we find you literally everything, down to your spare clothes and the mustard in your fridge, is now forfeited to pay for sending you home. Take away the economic incentive and illegal crossings will dwindle to those with ill intent (drug trafficking, etc) and the reduced numbers will make it easier to police them.

But that would require a lot of hard choices and a lot of millionaire/billionaires would suddenly find themselves on the pointy end of the system and that will *never* happen. Especially because we keep electing them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Really old tactic, Abe Beam closed police stations and fire houses to make a political point during NY's bankruptcy in the 70s.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Top Bottom