• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do find it interesting that no one seems to want to hold the STATE that the illegal immigrants come into accountable for THEIR problem. After all us conservatives are all about smaller government so why do the border states come wining to the feds to fix the problem.

Oh wait. Maybe they are only conservatives when they need the vote…..

Keep drinking the koolaid folks that there is a righteous party.
    Federal government has sole control of border policy. Not sure how a state could take control of the problem as they likely would prefer to close the border but cannot do so

Shipping them on to places that claim to welcome them would seem to be a viable solution

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe Florida doesn’t have a Military base however while political grandstanding is taking place, I find that locating these central and South Americans to the coldest part of the country in a few months will be a surprise to them. No tomatoes to pick either. Perhaps they will take the McDonalds jobs that no one wants.
    The 'migrants' sent to Martha's Vineyard were from Venezuela, which only recently became a banana republic. It is quite possible they are educated and skilled as their country was borderline first world before Chavez

What will likely happen much sooner than the onset of winter is these refugees from communism will recognize Massachusetts as another failing communist state and clamor to be sent somewhere free

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Not many are counting on DC to fix it. Certainly not on their own. This is what it looks like to force someone’s hand, to make the left feel very vulnerable when it comes election time, to at least tell the truth. At least it’s an action that will have a reaction, better than doing nothing, which is basically what voting is.

And human trafficking? Pu-leees.
    The reaction is what worries me. Many want to put this in a neat little party box of Dem and Pubs. It could backfire for the pub party as the perceived extremism looses votes. I hope I’m wrong.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The reaction is what worries me. Many want to put this in a neat little party box of Dem and Pubs. It could backfire for the pub party as the extremism looses votes. I hope I’m wrong.
    I find it hard to reconcile someone who believes voting does no good and both parties are the same advocating adopting his preferred actions out of concern that otherwise votes will be lost :dunno:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The reaction is what worries me. Many want to put this in a neat little party box of Dem and Pubs. It could backfire for the pub party as the perceived extremism looses votes. I hope I’m wrong.
    Fair point but there is no reward without some risk, and it sure seems worth it to many frustrated with the status quo. If taking action is perceived as extremism then it’s just been painted in the wrong light.

I also don’t see too many putting it in party boxes, I see more class separation/division than party. Ruling class and the ‘haves’ turning up their noses at all of us.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Many of us are voting for reps to change this. Just telling the truth is not approval of that truth…
    As referenced earlier with only a quarter of eligible voters voting and half of them split 13 percent of us try our best. Everyone needs to work with their family to educate the young voters all they can. Of course some don’t even know where their family is or what their doing, let alone how or if they are voting. Us Boomers are dying off and it will be our offspring to make real change. Me, my family and a few friends, (not the FB kind) take voting seriously. Having said that, I know for fact, that some families have kids and Gr Kids that turn out very liberal these days. Who’s on that watch?

In closing and my last post on this thread (better things to do than argue on the internet) no I do not have all the answers, like everyone else, I have opinions and I’ve worked hard to forge them into who I am.

See you on the range

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As referenced earlier with only a quarter of eligible voters voting and half of them split 13 percent of us try our best. Everyone needs to work with their family to educate the young voters all they can. Of course some don’t even know where their family is or what their doing, let alone how or if they are voting. Us Boomers are dying off and it will be our offspring to make real change. Me, my family and a few friends, (not the FB kind) take voting seriously. Having said that, I know for fact, that some families have kids and Gr Kids that turn out very liberal these days. Who’s on that watch?

In closing and my last post on this thread (better things to do than argue on the internet) no I do not have all the answers, like everyone else, I have opinions and I’ve worked hard to forge them into who I am.

See you on the range
    Just a quick point, everyone votes, everyone. Apparently the half that does not go to the polls, is biting with their feet that they are ok with what the other half are doing or they would get their butts in gear, vote, and change it.

I have seen few that told me they did not vote that I thought it a big loss if they did not vote. The truth is low information voters seem to vote based on emotion, not knowledge, all the get out the vote marketing is really just trying to boost the emotional voters that typically vote democrat.

Talk about genus, the dems created a system in which big media could promote their marketing for low information voters AND take a tax deduction for running it…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Playing it safe bet gives us people like Young.
    And who do we want in his place and why are they not on the ballot? What is the option here beyond complaining? Some should place a bet on the Colts to win tonights game, same logic, as the Colts are not even playing…

Last edited:
    Reactions: oze

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's "stunts" like Abbot and DeSantis are pulling that do the most educating of the public. It forces the media to have to cover the problem, rather than repeat the dem narrative. It's a corny parlor trick, but successful. The libs are talking about it, because they have no choice but expose their hypocrisy.

We can wax on about the two party system being the problem and how we are smarter than everyone else who participates, but that libertarian rant has been unsuccessful forever.

Those that get the most done to better our political system are the ones who have learned to work within that system, rather than proclaim their superiority of it. Donald Trump, Rand Paul, Thomas Massy, Marjory Taylor Greene and a few other "bomb throwers."

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    And who do we want in his place and why are they not on the ballot? What is the option here beyond complaining? Some should place a bet on the Colts to win tonights game, same logic, as the Colts are not even playing…
    You know as well as anyone here that the ballot is controlled by the state GOP. You prefer to slow walk toward communism rather than taking a chance at shaking up the Indiana GOP by voting for anyone but Young. I prefer taking a chance and being wrong over accepting the same bad representation and moaning about the continued poor voting by Young. The GOP loves you, because they know you will take what ever piece of :poop: they put in front of you and you will smile while they do it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You know as well as anyone here that the ballot is controlled by the state GOP.
    No it is not. It is controlled by those that want to get candidates on said ballot and do the hard work in the trenches to make that a reality. For an Indiana senator that equates to filing on time, and collecting 4500 signatures, 500 minimum from each congressional district. I would suspect no one complaining in this thread got any signatures for the candidate they wanted to run against Young.

Some here are thinking some epiphany will happen to the people but those thinking that don’t even do anything about it when there is very little cost.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You prefer to slow walk toward communism rather than taking a chance at shaking up the Indiana GOP by voting for anyone but Young. I prefer taking a chance and being wrong over accepting the same bad representation and moaning about the continued poor voting by Young. The GOP loves you, because they know you will take what ever piece of :poop: they put in front of you and you will smile while they do it.
    Tone down the personal.

Do you have any proof the approach you advocate for will work? In what state did they execute this plan and get solid conservative reps? Is there any research that indicates the approach will work?

This approach is just fantasy, the truth is the electorate is not anywhere near as conservative as you and I. We are fortunate that Braun votes our way most of the time and combined with Young we get about 70% of our senators votes are the right way.

Braun and a democrat take that below 50% our way, that is significantly worse.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Tone down the personal.

Do you have any proof the approach you advocate for will work? In what state did they execute this plan and get solid conservative reps? Is there any research that indicates the approach will work?

This approach is just fantasy, the truth is the electorate is not anywhere near as conservative as you and I. We are fortunate that Braun votes our way most of the time and combined with Young we get about 70% of our senators votes are the right way.

Braun and a democrat take that below 50% our way, that is significantly worse.

Before I moved to Indiana I existed in illinois and my senators were Duckworth and Durbin. Neither one ever voted in my interest, that is all I can say staying within forum guidelines. Jim.

Top Bottom